Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your thoughts on the best looking stock Studebaker engines / engine compartments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To: 63t-cab,----Hey Joe thanks a lot...I really appreciate that comment. The black car was restored to absolutely stock condition.....and then in '96 I decided to try and squeeze the blower under the hood.....I figured if
    any Studebaker should have a supercharger, it probably should be a 'Speedster'. Did You ever read that a few Stude dealers (mainly in California I guess) installed McCulloch supercharger kits on stick-shift
    Speedsters when the cars were new? Those kits were a bit different from the '57 Golden Hawk setup I am running....they even retained the stock 4bbl carb (as Studebaker probably should have done). Take care.

Comment

Ed,no I did'nt know that.so they must have made up a bigger acorn for the carb.?or did they set it up like the R2s were done?any ways your Speedster must - - - - and get <G>
      Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
      To: 63t-cab,----Hey Joe thanks a lot...I really appreciate that comment. The black car was restored to absolutely stock condition.....and then in '96 I decided to try and squeeze the blower under the hood.....I figured if
      any Studebaker should have a supercharger, it probably should be a 'Speedster'. Did You ever read that a few Stude dealers (mainly in California I guess) installed McCulloch supercharger kits on stick-shift
      Speedsters when the cars were new? Those kits were a bit different from the '57 Golden Hawk setup I am running....they even retained the stock 4bbl carb (as Studebaker probably should have done). Take care.
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Couple of early pics

R3 in a 64 challenger and an r2 in a 65 sport sedan(now has an r3 in it)
        Attached Files

Comment

Two more WOWS,the R2 blower almost matches the car's paint job.
          Originally posted by 00RACER View Post
          R3 in a 64 challenger and an r2 in a 65 sport sedan(now has an r3 in it)
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

To: OORACER,----Absolutely outstanding engine compartments...You are to be complemented. Question...on the R3, where are the pipes going off the supercharger...to an intercooler?

Comment

To: 63t-cab,---Yes ,You hit the nail square on the head.....McCulloch made an air cap for the WCFB similar to an R2 setup...the kit came with directions on how to make that carb compatible with the blower...To Me,
              the carb 'sealed in a box' as on the GH and the R3 Avanti, is still a safer, more refined deal. Take care

Comment

No photos of a 6-cylinder Lark engine bay? Nothing allows the view of pristine finished inner fenders than the engine bay of an inline six powered Lark!
                sigpic
                In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

This has to be one of the best!

Craig

Comment

To: 8E45E,-----NICE detail shots, showing impossible to replicate original patina!

Comment

To OORACER: That second one with bright red crank-case & silver intake is just awfully nice!
                      & to candbstudebakers: I actually do know my engine aint Studebaker but I just wanted to show what I mean with bright paint, however, the second picture that I couldn't post was a all-Studebaker bay.

sigpic

Josephine
                      Champion V8
                      4d sedan

Comment

To sn-60--yes the intercooler is in the glove box where the heater formally was. The coolant for the intercooler is in a tank shaped like a battery box, and located where the battery was.
                        The r2 is now going into a 63 daytona conv., that is right now getting a frameoff to be made a super lark
                        thanks
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here's a 'stock' '55 Stude engine compartment coming together................or is it?
                          Attached Files

Comment

I might be wrong but that "stock' '55 Stude engine" loox Ford-blue to me.
                            sigpic

Josephine
                            Champion V8
                            4d sedan

Comment

I like the looks of the '61s under the hood. The silver block with the reddish-orange covers looks sharp. The master cylinder mounted on the firewall is a nice touch, too!

Comment

Here's one of my favorites....

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
                                X