Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

49 years to the day He is again telling us to mark our calendars!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 49 years to the day He is again telling us to mark our calendars!!!

http://www.southbendtribune.com/sbt-...5164625.column
    And now who knows "Jack Colwell's" claim-to-fame in Studebaker history from 49 years ago???

The first to post Jack's famous connection with "Studebaker" way back then wins a genuine Studebaker Employee Badge!!!

Good Luck to all!!!
    Last edited by Welcome; 12-10-2012, 07:23 PM.

I hope he's right about the Mayan's "predictions". Sure would take alot of worries off my mind.

EDIT: Anybody wanna buy a Stude - like, today???
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Jack Colwell, political columnist and retired reporter for the South Bend Tribune. Mr. Colwell came to the Tribune as a police beat reporter in 1960, after graduating from the University of Illinois College of Journalism.

He broke the story on December 9, 1963, that the Studebaker Corp. would end autmobile production in South Bend.
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
        Jack Colwell>>>He broke the story on December 9, 1963, that the Studebaker Corp. would end autmobile production in South Bend.
        BINGO!!! We have the winner!!!

IF ... you want the Studebaker Employee Badge, Jeff, just PM me with your USPS deliverable address within the lower 48 States. Of course; other past winners have designated their 'prize' go to someone/some organization else, so that "option" is open to you as well.

Comment

Thanks for the link Welcome! My jaws are still aching from grinning

Comment

Oh, beat me to it. But here's the photo he took.
            Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
              Oh, beat me to it. But here's the photo he took.
              Chris, don't worry about missing out on winning the badge, because I've got some things bigger & better in mind for your collection!!!

BTW, this (above) photo was taken on "Black TUESDAY" ...December 10, 1963. The Tribune photo Jack says was taken on December 9th does not show nearly as much snow on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post

IF ... you want the Studebaker Employee Badge, Jeff, just PM me with your USPS deliverable address within the lower 48 States. Of course; other past winners have designated their 'prize' go to someone/some organization else, so that "option" is open to you as well.
                FYI, it doesn't cost any more to mail to Hawaii or Alaska.
                Chip
                '63 Cruiser
                '57 Packard wagon
                '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Is the flag at half mast yet from Kennedy's assassination, the closure, or another reason?
                  Jim
                  Often in error, never in doubt
                  http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jlmccuan View Post
                    Is the flag at half mast yet from Kennedy's assassination, the closure, or another reason?
                    December 10th was still within the "30 day official mourning period" after the Kennedy assassination.

Comment

Originally posted by raoul5788 View Post
                      FYI, it doesn't cost any more to mail to Hawaii or Alaska.
                      IF ME

Comment

Anybody ever stop to consider that maybe the poor schmuck Mayan that was in charge of the calendar just said "Okay, I've done two thousand years, that's enough for now"?

Comment

Jim Bella... You made my day!
                          That's a nice thing you did!
                          Thanks!
                          Jeff

Originally posted by Welcome View Post

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

But the REAL reason the Mayans calendar ends is because:

There are NO MORE Twinkies!!!

Jim
                            "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                            their Memorials!

Comment

Working...
                            X