X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1952 Studebaker Commander Starlight Hardtop

WOW!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...item416f05ad9b

I'm finding it hard to believe this has not been, at the very least, supremely detailed. But...YES!...WOW! And...WOW again. This is the first single tone '52 Starliner I have seen and black to boot! Hope it goes to someone young enough to enjoy it for many, many years.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

If I had a farm, it would be sold to buy that car. Holy moly.

I hope it sells for a stupidly high amount of money.

I have NOS 52-only fog light brackets for whoever gets it!

Comment

I know of a '50 Starlight for sale, within a few miles of me.

If I could afford this '52, I would buy it, and the '50, too.

In no less than two weeks of delivery of the '52 to my shop, the '50's front clip would be installed, and painted to match!

Yep... WOW!
        sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
          I know of a '50 Starlight for sale, within a few miles of me.

If I could afford this '52, I would buy it, and the '50, too.

In no less than two weeks of delivery of the '52 to my shop, the '50's front clip would be installed, and painted to match!

Yep... WOW!
          Sacrilege. I bet you'd put on a set of silly gold spinners too.

A few years back, Steve Cade took a very low mileage and original '52 Commander hardtop much like this one and installed a '51 nose for a customer. It looked factory done.. That car graced the front and rear cover of the same issue of Turning Wheels several years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
            Sacrilege. I bet you'd put on a set of silly gold spinners too.
            Maybe, maybe not.

I have several sets standing by, but I could find something I like better.
            Last edited by Studedude; 12-08-2012, 03:51 PM.
            sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

That's as nice a car as you could want - especially if it's nearly new as claimed. What do folks who know these things consider the selling price could be?
              John Clements
              Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Yes and it even has the very rare overhead cam V-8! I for one am not convinced this car is as original as claimed. All the undercarriage has been redone for one. Engine block is wrong color green. At the very least it has been refurbished. I believe much of the chrome plating has been redone. I admit I am envious as it is nicer than mine.
                Frank van Doorn
                Omaha, Ne.
                1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

That truly is an amazing car!
                  Holy cow!

Dean.

Comment

Nicer than mine too!
                    Lou Van Anne
                    62 Champ
                    64 R2 GT Hawk
                    79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by 41 Frank View Post
                      Yes and it even has the very rare overhead cam V-8! I for one am not convinced this car is as original as claimed. All the undercarriage has been redone for one. Engine block is wrong color green. At the very least it has been refurbished. I believe much of the chrome plating has been redone. I admit I am envious as it is nicer than mine.
                      Agreed. I'm with ya, Frank.
                      KURTRUK
                      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
                        Nicer than mine too!
                        I don't know Lou yours is nice and this is just a picture on e-bay, sure it looks like a rally good one but did any of them come from the factory in all black? I know for a fact that the overhead cam is wrong, I know they made a mistake in the ad but for what they want for the car then we have the right to pick it a part some.
                        Candbstudebakers
                        Castro Valley,
                        California

Comment

This vehicle is one of the 'Heavy Hitter' postwar Studebakers!

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                            If I had a farm, it would be sold to buy that car. Holy moly.

I hope it sells for a stupidly high amount of money.

I have NOS 52-only fog light brackets for whoever gets it!
                            And here I was just about to ask if there were any options NOT on this car! Thanks, Matthew.

Agreed with Frank; if you wanted to buy this as an authentic, unmolested, 37,000-mile car, you'd do well to inspect it in person to verify the claims made. Not to say the car is misrepresented, but prudence would dictate an on-site inspection before going insane bidding. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Absolutely Gorgeous! It wears the rear fender ornaments very well! I am always surprised they didn't sell more of those ornaments. They probably should have been a part of the "State" trim level.

Comment

Working...
                              X