Looking for the last 1966 Daytona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for the last 1966 Daytona

I know where the first one is, (my garage) now looking for the last one. Do you have it? Looking for late vin#s for Daytonas, 6 cyl and V8s. All information will go to the 1966 Daytona registry. Pictures of the car and vin# would be appreciated. Thanks.
    sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
    1950 Champion Convertible
    1950 Champion 4Dr
    1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
    1957 Thunderbird

Isnt it in the SNM? Steve
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
      Isnt it in the SNM? Steve
      Steve, that's a Cruiser and the next to last studebaker built is in Reno, it's a Wagonaire. I'm looking for Daytona 2Dr Sports Sedans to fill in the blank spots in the registry.
      1950 Champion 4Dr
      1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Ken , we've added Craig and Susan Pipers 66 Daytona to the list , this makes 32 and it has the latest date of manufacture so far. This one may very well be the last Daytona we'll ever find.
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

There is one in Savannah Ga. Belongs to a man named George. Do you have him regsitered?
          Neil Thornton

Comment

No we don't Neil.If you could get info on it that would be appreciated.
            sigpic

Comment

Did you look on Craigslist? There's a white one in Oregon that's been for sale forever. It is very rough.
              "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Got a link?
                sigpic

Comment

Bob, I think it's in the Eugene, OR area. Pretty rough looking, but still a contender.
                  Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
                  Got a link?
                  1950 Champion 4Dr
                  1957 Thunderbird

Comment

That car is in Dorena, but the ad seems to be gone again. Here is a snippet from another site: 283 chevy turns over by hand,turbo 350,complete int.has extra rear window an rear panel,has rust needs complete restoration,please call weekends. And then all we get is the area code 541. It might show up again.
                    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Owner/seller is Mr. Boyd Belden ('66 Daytona in Dorena) He is listed in the latest National Roster.

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
                        There is one in Savannah Ga. Belongs to a man named George. Do you have him regsitered?
                        Neil, That one was listed in the Nov 2012 TW for sale. I contacted George about buying it, but before I could get enough info he had it sold. Don't know where it wound up going but he claimed that before him it had belonged to Lionel Stone's wife as a daily driver.
                        \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
                        \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Originally posted by snowy_buffalo View Post
                          Neil, That one was listed in the Nov 2012 TW for sale. I contacted George about buying it, but before I could get enough info he had it sold. Don't know where it wound up going but he claimed that before him it had belonged to Lionel Stone's wife as a daily driver.
                          I had no Idea George was selling that car! I sold him a rear end for it last summer.He put the OD trans in it and said he needed a lower gear.
                          Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
                            Neil,

I bought that one last week. I am on the way home from the SDC Intl Meet, I do not have the S/N with me

Comment

How do I list my 66 Daytona on the registry? I am on the way back from the SDC Intl Meet and do not have the S/N with me.

Comment

Working...
                              X