Anyone cutting up a C-K?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone cutting up a C-K?

If anyone is parting out a C-K body, I could use a clean section of the left rear inner fender and trunk lip from the top of the trunk to the tail seams. It's a lot of niggly little bits to straighten out. Advice, sources?

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
    58H-K7 660

And I could use the front half of a C/K hood for my experiment to modify the wagon/sedan hood.
    Should be SoCal located.

Thanks

Mike

P.s. - Sorry Steve, didn't mean to hijack your thread, just figured since we're looking for the same parts car..!

Comment

I'm going to piggy back on the hijacking... Mike, I've got a 53 hood with the hinge side badly cancered, but the "beak" of the hood is in good shape. That, I suppose, is what you're looking for??? Let me know.
      And Steven, sorry, but I don't have the parts you're looking for.
      sals54

Comment

The more, the merrier! If enough people are looking for different parts, it may motivate someone else to do something with that rusty body that's been hanging around out back.

58H-K7 660

Comment

Thanks Steve...!

Sal -

yes sir, that's what I need.
          Didn't you also have a Lark wagon top panel sometime back that I need too ?

So how do we get together?

Mike

Comment

To: Steven Ayres,------Check out My Studebaker 'Tech Trivia' Question #8!

Comment

Bob Helm in Royce City Texas has a 63GT that he is scrapping out. His number is 972-843-3402, or 214-364-9740. Call after 6:00 PM. He is a good guy, and advertises in TW.

Comment

Same issue ?

Originally posted by Steven Ayres View Post
                If anyone is parting out a C-K body, I could use a clean section of the left rear inner fender and trunk lip from the top of the trunk to the tail seams. It's a lot of niggly little bits to straighten out. Advice, sources?
                Perhaps I'm doing a similar repair today... The bottom of my right trunk seal gutter is almost not there but the sides of the seal channel are both good. Ospho'd it; Coated the channel top and bottom with Master Series to seal the rusty parts. Laid a strip of new 20 gauge in the channel over the rotted bottom and mig welded both sides. Ground the welds down smooth, Tomorrow I bush seal the new channel bottom with MS. I loose the thickness of 20 gauge in the seal channel.

Comment

And I need the left side of a windshield and some bits of front and rear windshield trim for my "Wall Hawk" artwork project. It was a '56 Sky Hawk, but will be done as a '53 Commander hardtop. The rest of the car was in the dumpster years ago because the tin worms ate it so bad.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wallhawk1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	1676138
                  Gary Ash
                  Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
                  ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
                  '48 M5
                  '65 Wagonaire Commander
                  '63 Wagonaire Standard
                  web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

Originally posted by garyash View Post
                    And I need the left side of a windshield and some bits of front and rear windshield trim for my "Wall Hawk" artwork project. It was a '56 Sky Hawk, but will be done as a '53 Commander hardtop. The rest of the car was in the dumpster years ago because the tin worms ate it so bad.
                    I've got the trim, Gary. Email me.

Comment

Mike, the guy with the Lark top went cold on me some time ago. I've been trying to thaw things out with him, but he's tough. BTW, guess where I'm driving tomorrow?????? From here to Disneyland !!!!!! Check your PM to see if we can get together on the phone to work this out???
                      sals54

Comment

Alan, Check you PM as well. Lets get on the phone tonight and get the shipping set up.
                        sals54

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Ayres View Post

58H-K7 660
                          steven I probably have what u need pm me ur email and we can communicate that way.
                          Im in the Phx area.
                          Russ

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
                          53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
                          57 SH (project)
                          60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Comment

Classic Enterprises has trunk lip stuff and inner fender parts. I used them doing my Hawk. They are great. Even if you don't want them right now get their catalog NOW they have a ton of sheet metal stuff. Highly recommmend.

Comment

classic is tops! Their front fender clips are gold. I learned to mig weld on them with my hand-me down for free, HF welder. OK the first one wasn't pretty and the second one I had to take apart and redo. But, now that my confidence is above my ability level, I look at patching a floor pan or such with the confidence of changing a light bulb.

Laying that patch in the bottom of the seal gutter was no big deal.. thanks to practicing on fender panels, 2 CE floor pans and a bunch of sure I can do it's.
                              c

Comment

Working...
                              X