Ok what's the chances !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok what's the chances !!!

Has anyone got the little windshield wiper knob ??? or have used something similar ???

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	1736801

You can get them from Studebaker International. I think they only have them in tan/ivory color, though.
    John
    1950 Champion
    W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
    Holdrege NE

Comment

Originally posted by Lothar View Post
      You can get them from Studebaker International. I think they only have them in tan/ivory color, though.
      I'll go and take a look cheers John

Comment

The tan/ivory color is what a 50 Commander is supposed to have. Same color on the shift knob, the turn signal knob, the passenger vent control knob, the knobs on the inside vent door, and the knob on the seat adjuster.

The gray one on Rooneytoons car is the wrong color for a 50 and is from a later year car.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
        10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
        56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
        60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

If that is Sean's photo, it looks like he also has a '51 clock.
          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

No guys not my car it was just a photo I used to show the switch knob I'm after
            The link is here to the car in question http://www.barthworks.com/cars/forne...studebaker.htm

Comment

And at least Studebaker used that same knob for several model years on various models. (Through '55 I believe)

Comment

Boy, that reminds me of a time, about 10 years ago. I was driving my Coupe in the south part of Sacramento County when I noticed a nice red hot-rod 51 Stude. I turned around and chased him down just to chat with him. It was a nice driver, not a show car, and the guy was very cool. As I was leaning over looking into his car, I noticed that he was using a dime as a wiper knob. I told him to hang on for a second... I went to my car and in the ash tray, I had my old wiper knob sitting in there. It had a slight sunburn, but was still in pretty good shape. I had found a pristine one for mine and popped my old one in the ash tray for safe keeping. When I returned, I reached in, pulled the dime, and placed the wiper knob on his switch. It was hilarious to see his reaction. He couldn't believe it. "I'd been looking for one of those for years" He said. When I commented on the sunburn, he didn't care in the slightest. He tried to pay me for it, but I wouldn't hear of it. The look on his face was worth a fortune.
                sals54

Comment

Cool story, sals54!!!!!!
                  1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by sals54 View Post
                    Boy, that reminds me of a time, about 10 years ago. I was driving my Coupe in the south part of Sacramento County when I noticed a nice red hot-rod 51 Stude. I turned around and chased him down just to chat with him. It was a nice driver, not a show car, and the guy was very cool. As I was leaning over looking into his car, I noticed that he was using a dime as a wiper knob. I told him to hang on for a second... I went to my car and in the ash tray, I had my old wiper knob sitting in there. It had a slight sunburn, but was still in pretty good shape. I had found a pristine one for mine and popped my old one in the ash tray for safe keeping. When I returned, I reached in, pulled the dime, and placed the wiper knob on his switch. It was hilarious to see his reaction. He couldn't believe it. "I'd been looking for one of those for years" He said. When I commented on the sunburn, he didn't care in the slightest. He tried to pay me for it, but I wouldn't hear of it. The look on his face was worth a fortune.
                    That's ace did you keep the Dime ???
                    And I hope I bump into someone like yourself in England

Comment

Is that what they call..."pay it foward" ?
                      Not hijack the thread here...but.

MANY years ago, a friend and I were going to Riverside Raceway (SoCal). We were in his hot rod Corvair. Most of the way there, we saw another Corvair sitting off the side of the freeway. We stopped, backed up, asked if we could help.
                      We noticed that the belt had come off and they had no tools.
                      I went back to my friends car and grabbed his 11" long screw driver. When I walked back, they all had fear on their faces...! My friend asked for the keys, he got in the car, I wedged the belt into place....a tap at the starter to wind the belt back into the pulley...whala...belt back in place.

Not hardly a word was spoken throught the whole 5 minutes. We drove off, leaving them in sort of a stuper. Turns out, they were also going to the races. They saw us walking thru the straight-away tunnel...started screaming and yelling (they were in their car)...thanking us for the help..

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Rooneytoons View Post
                        Has anyone got the little windshield wiper knob ??? or have used something similar ???

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19030[/ATTACH]
                        Would anyone know what the part number is for the knob ???

Comment

I think it is 291209X1, but someone doublecheck me. Plus the set screw is a 10-24 X 1/4".
                          KURTRUK
                          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Cheers for that

Comment

Are these the same anyone know ???
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	1676292

Comment

Working...
                              X