Parts placement questions or photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts placement questions or photos

I'm a newby to this site. But, I am finding it very useful. And there are a lot of interesting comments. For the last three years I have been re-doing a 1950 Studebaker Champion 9G-W5. I have never re-done such a strange and wonderful car. Does anyone have any interior pics of this auto. It's a four door, on the right side center post, I have a wire sticking out about head height. I beleive I'm missing an interior light--I need one. And maybe a shot of under the hood (if that is where the horns go)? And of course, I dropped my red tail light on the garage floor while trying to clean it. Need one of those too. Thank you so much.

I'm glad you are getting some information from this forum. It is a wealth of information. The wire you mention would be for an interior light switch. The light is over the rear window. These items should not be difficult to obtain from Studebaker vendors.

I would encourage you to be involved with the Studebaker Drivers Club and also a local club. There was a national meet in Iowa a few years ago and I met several wonderful folks. They will be a wealth of information for you. You can obtain information on local clubs from this SDC web site. If some photos don't appear on this thread I will take some photos of the items you asked about and post them.
    Perry
    \'50 Business Champ,
    \'50 Starlight Champ,
    \'60 Lark Convertible,
    \'63 GT R1,
    \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Thank you,
      Since there is a button switch for each door when any of the doors open----I thought it might be similar to a coach light.
      Thanks for the reply

Comment

Yes; with the switch on the passenger side center post, either the front seat passenger or rear seat passengers could turn the dome light on and off. The driver can also control it with the headlight switch. The switch itself is readily available. If you need the light fixture that mounts center above the rear glass you will only need to do a little searching. Perry's advice is good; get to know your local Stude Chapter.
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Be careful with that wire, it is normally always "hot", if so you don't want it to contact grounded metal.....!

Comment

Drop me a note at bomarkham@embarqmail.com I think I can help you with a T/L lens.
            Bo

Comment

Originally posted by 63 R2 Hawk View Post
              Be careful with that wire, it is normally always "hot", if so you don't want it to contact grounded metal.....!
              True! All the switch does is serve to complete the grounding circuit.
              "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

63 R2 Hawk
                Thanks, but I though all the wires coming from the lights, switches etc. etc. went to a battery negative side since the car is positive ground. I do have the wiring diagram so I'll check that out. Thank You

Comment

When I bought the car at a garage sale a couple blocks from home it came with an extra part I do not need.....one (1) (COMMANDER) emblem. Anybody need one---its in good shape.

Comment

Working...
                  X