Old Glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Glass

I bought a load of old Studebaker glass today. Most is used but appears to be in good condition.... I'll know how good it is when I clean it up and inspect it. I need to identify all the pieces yet. I'm pretty sure there is a complete 47-52 Starlight Coupe rear window set and several hard curve 51-52 Sedan rear windows... Maybe 10 other wraparound windshields or rear windows and some other pieces.

There was one piece in the lot that I actually needed.

Congrats on your find!

On the 47-52 rears, make sure you line up the glass pieces with each other to see which ones you really have.

The sedan pieces look similar to the coveted starlight coupe pieces if you look at them out of context with their mates. I have seen folks mistake a pair of two door rear glass sets for one set of starlight glass.

Big upset later.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
    10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
    56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
    60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

What I'm calling Starlight Coupe is a complete 4 piece set. I don't know of anything other than the 51-52 Sedan that have such a sharp curvature and they are maybe only 9" to 10 " tall.

Out of the lot I only have use for 1 piece.. maybe I can identify them by C Springs swap meet.

Comment

Working...
      X