• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by stude freak
    A buddy of mine bought some at a car show last year, paid $5.00 each
    That vendor probably got his the same place I got mine...Costco. I think they are about $12 for 36 of them.

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    A buddy of mine bought some at a car show last year, paid $5.00 each
    That vendor probably got his the same place I got mine...Costco. I think they are about $12 for 36 of them.

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    And we thought that Wally-Mart was the only marketing arm of the Communist Chinese government.

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    And we thought that Wally-Mart was the only marketing arm of the Communist Chinese government.

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied

Guido,if they were in business now,I belive their competitors would be the"Dollar Tree" we have in our mini-malls here.
    Off topic, but God how I hate Dollar Tree. More cheap Chinese cr@p for my wife to bring home, and she does, by the bagful. "But it was cheap!" Yes, yes it was... [xx(]

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard
    http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied

Guido,if they were in business now,I belive their competitors would be the"Dollar Tree" we have in our mini-malls here.
    Off topic, but God how I hate Dollar Tree. More cheap Chinese cr@p for my wife to bring home, and she does, by the bagful. "But it was cheap!" Yes, yes it was... [xx(]

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard
    http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Leave a comment:

• stude freak
    replied
    Thx Gordr.I know what your talking about now.A buddy of mine bought some at a car show last year, paid $5.00 each for them.I told him i'll stick to my alcohol n ammonia n old newspapers.I guess im just cheap....errr frugal? No ,im just cheap

David Baggett '53 coupe

Leave a comment:

• stude freak
    replied
    Thx Gordr.I know what your talking about now.A buddy of mine bought some at a car show last year, paid $5.00 each for them.I told him i'll stick to my alcohol n ammonia n old newspapers.I guess im just cheap....errr frugal? No ,im just cheap

David Baggett '53 coupe

Leave a comment:

• stude freak
    replied
    Guido,if they were in business now,I belive their competitors would be the"Dollar Tree" we have in our mini-malls here.I suspect the old five n dime store back then is the same as kids going to Toy r Us now.And yep i'm old and proud i made it this far.

David Baggett '53 coupe

Leave a comment:

• stude freak
    replied
    Guido,if they were in business now,I belive their competitors would be the"Dollar Tree" we have in our mini-malls here.I suspect the old five n dime store back then is the same as kids going to Toy r Us now.And yep i'm old and proud i made it this far.

David Baggett '53 coupe

Leave a comment:

• gordr
    replied
    To answer the questions, DWG is "Dry Wash & Guard", and it's an auto paint cleaning product. It really does work well. And when you buy it, you get a microfiber cloth with it.

The latter looks kind of like a shop rag, but has a fuzzy, nappy surface like velvet. Works as well well as a chamois for getting water droplets off your car.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Leave a comment:

• gordr
    replied
    To answer the questions, DWG is "Dry Wash & Guard", and it's an auto paint cleaning product. It really does work well. And when you buy it, you get a microfiber cloth with it.

The latter looks kind of like a shop rag, but has a fuzzy, nappy surface like velvet. Works as well well as a chamois for getting water droplets off your car.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied

I spent a lotta days in Ben Frankins five n dime store
    David,

You are dating yourself in stating that Ben Franklin was a five and dime. However, they were one retailer that saw a retreating market and reinvented iteself as a craft store. Sadly, most of their original competitors are gone.

Gary

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied

I spent a lotta days in Ben Frankins five n dime store
    David,

You are dating yourself in stating that Ben Franklin was a five and dime. However, they were one retailer that saw a retreating market and reinvented iteself as a craft store. Sadly, most of their original competitors are gone.

Gary

Leave a comment:

• stude freak
    replied
    Hey dont knock us "ole " guys .I spent a lotta days in Ben Frankins five n dime store looking for model cars.And what is micro- cloth for us ole gheezers.

David Baggett '53 coupe

Leave a comment:

Working...
X