X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Near-the-End 1958 Packard on e-bay

Kinda' historically significant:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1958-...item35c1c61daf
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

My wife just told me, "I would buy that."
    1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Hi

58L-8106 is very late production, twenty-eight '58 Packards from the last, 58L-8134 built on July 25, 1958. Hope it finds a good, appreciative owner and conservator.

Steve

Comment

The tough part about the Packards.....many were made weeks earlier then those made on the last few days and still went out of the factory after those made you on the last day. One would have to look at all of the production orders to actually see which cars or vin'sthe were the last to leave.

Comment

Banks are likely open on Friday <G>
          Originally posted by cultural infidel View Post
          My wife just told me, "I would buy that."
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Seems like a lot of car for $1700 for someone that does their own paint work.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Something struck me when looking at this car. This surely was the last for Studebaker - and maybe the last of the American auto makers to have a robe rail on the back of the front seat. Anyone wanna correct me on that???
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                Something struck me when looking at this car. This surely was the last for Studebaker - and maybe the last of the American auto makers to have a robe rail on the back of the front seat. Anyone wanna correct me on that???
                'Can't "correct" you with any certainty, Bob, but I'd bet some luxury brand in the 1960s continued the practice. ('Probably nothing in a price range as comparatively low as was this Packard in 1958, however, so you could well be correct among cars below the high-price field. ) BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

It went for $1,700.00 which was a fair deal. A coat of paint and a complete interior will make a world of difference

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
                    Banks are likely open on Friday <G>
                    Don't tell her. Haha.
                    1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Working...
                    X