No announcement yet.

Rest in Peace, Bob Glasscock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of curiosity, I researched Bob Glasscock's final post to the forum, Post #4 in this topic:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...hanol-dilemeas

Short and helpful to the end. Thanks again, Bob, for your contributions.

An interesting thought: What if each of us treated every post as if it was the last one we'd ever make to the SDC Forum?

After all, few of us know what that might be. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I offer my condolences to Bob's family. We have so many Bobs here, but I don't want to lose any. It is hard to accept the loss of any of our Studebaker family.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

You folks continue to amaze me. You are truly an extended family - US, Canada, Australia, all around the world. I am beginning to understand Bob's affection and passion for you all. I can't wait to get to know this community better. I hope to come to the next national meet and actually meet some of you. Thanks again, Richard

Comment

Originally posted by rglasscock View Post
          You folks continue to amaze me. You are truly an extended family - US, Canada, Australia, all around the world. I am beginning to understand Bob's affection and passion for you all. I can't wait to get to know this community better. I hope to come to the next national meet and actually meet some of you. Thanks again, Richard
          Richard: Next year's National Meet will be in Colorado Springs CO, which is "a might 'fer piece" for you.

However, I just checked the map. Yesterday (Monday, November 19), Indiana cut the ribbon to open a brand-new, 67-mile leg of Interstate 69 from Evansville northeast toward Indianapolis. It's not on MapQuest yet, but I believe it will shorten the distance from Paducah KY to Indianapolis, to under 300 miles.

It's a long trip, but the Indy Chapter of The Studebaker Drivers Club is a large, friendly bunch. We are having our Christmas Dinner Saturday, December 29 at Murphy's Steak House near 46th and N. Keystone Avenue in Indianapolis, and it is always a good time. If you and your wife (if so equipped) are "up" to making the trip, we would love to have you join us, and I will personally buy your meals.

The restraurant is normally closed Saturday afternoons, so they need a count as to how many to expect. If you think you might want to join us, just say so. It would be our pleasure to welcome you to our fold and have you regale us with tales of you and your brother Bob's exploits growing up in Lubbock. You'll find many Buddy Holly fans among us Yankees! BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
            Out of curiosity, I researched Bob Glasscock's final post to the forum, Post #4 in this topic:

An interesting thought: What if each of us treated every post as if it was the last one we'd ever make to the SDC Forum?

Bob, thanks for reminding us to quit sniping at each other over anything and everything. Sometimes we are perfectly innocent, and someone will take offense over a misunderstanding. (I think it's happened to all of us) My condolences to you and your family Richard, Bob will absolutely not be forgotten on the website.

Comment

My condolences also to Bob's family.

Dave Bonn
              '54 Champion Starliner

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post

I never met Bob, never exchanged emails, never telephoned him, but seeing the post about his passing struck me just as it would for a close family member- deep sorrow and shock. I did read his last post and I used the information to locate a couple ethanol-free stations near me. Belated thanks to Bob for his useful information over the years and my deepest condolences to his family
                Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

What terrible news. My condolences to his family.

Comment

I was browsing through the threads on this here forum today while on lunch break at work when I came upon this thread, much to my shock. Bob was a staple of this forum and I knew from his postings that he was a genuine nice guy. I am deeply saddened that he will no longer be sharing his thoughts and experiences with us. God bless.
                    sigpic
                    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

The '50 Champion is running!! Bob's car is revived!! I had a busy day today, replaced the battery and added gas, fiddled with the carb and it came alive. I had decided that it had to be running for Bob's inurnment in Dec. His first ride was in this car, so it is fitting that his last ride will be too. Thanks again for all you kindnesses.

Comment

Thanks for sharing with us. Keep us posted.

Comment

The '50 Champion is running!! Bob's car is revived!! I had a busy day today, replaced the battery and added gas, fiddled with the carb and it came alive. I had decided that it had to be running for Bob's inurnment in Dec. His first ride was in this car, so it is fitting that his last ride will be too. Thanks again for all you kindnesses.
                          Very appropriate, indeed! Bob will be honored!
                          sigpic
                          Dave Lester

Comment

Hello All, we will be laying Bob's cremains to rest Friday at Llano Cemetery with his Dad and Mom. We are not planning any ceremony and are not asking anyone to come, just take a pause at 2:00 pm, please. Thanks, Richard

Comment

Hello All, we will be laying Bob's cremains to rest Friday at Llano Cemetery with his Dad and Mom. We are not planning any ceremony and are not asking anyone to come, just take a pause at 2:00 pm, please. Thanks, Richard
                              Richard, thank you for keeping us all informed here on the SDC Forum.

Most certainly will do as requested at 2:00 PM this Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
                                Richard, thank you for keeping us all informed here on the SDC Forum.

Most certainly will do as requested at 2:00 PM this Friday.
                                I echo Welcome's thoughts and will remember Bob on Friday.
                                Stu Chapman

Comment

Working...
                                X