Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silverhawk
    replied
    Wow, this is quite the shock! I only knew Bob through this forum like many others, but he was one of the guys that kept me from leaving the forum entirely many times. He and his great posts will be sorely missed! My thoughts and prayers are with you Richard, and your family.

Leave a comment:

• raidmagic
    replied
    Rest in piece Bob

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Ouch X2: Bob Glasscock and Mark Plaia here, only four days apart:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sou...18#fbLoggedOut

and

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...9-Lark-Hardtop

A tough week. & BP
    Last edited by BobPalma; 11-18-2012, 11:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JoeHall
    replied
    Rest In Peace Bob. Our condolences to his family.
    Joe H

Leave a comment:

• 53commander
    replied
    I'm very sorry to hear of Bob's passing. Like a lot of people here I only knew him through the forum but unlike other forums I've been on this one seems to be the most like a true extended family. I will surely miss his posts. My condolences to his family.

Leave a comment:

• rglasscock
    replied
    Hi John, I think I have met you several years ago. We lived in Greer and were going to see a potter on the north side of town. I saw a pick-up parked outside of a house and stopped by. We talked a while and you showed me a business coupe, maybe the one in you picture, in you shed. I always wanted to come back and make you an offer.

Leave a comment:

• rglasscock
    replied
    Hi Everybody,

Here is a link to the day Bob showed our Dad his car - https://picasaweb.google.com/1020393...CMqb66H6zf_VOg Please enjoy!! Bob is the short one, I am the ponytailed one, our Dad is the one in the leather jacket. The woman is our Mom. The other guy is Bob's friend John. My sign on is rglasscock and I thought I made the album public.
    Last edited by rglasscock; 11-18-2012, 09:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dean pearson
    replied
    Can someone help him with the photos? I would like to see them.
    I'm sure others would too.

I tried viewing his profile but couldn't find it.

Dean.

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    I have always thought of the SDC as not just a club...but an extended family. In 1986, I lost a sister due to an accident, in 2007, both of my older brothers died due to illness. In the incident with my sister, it was sudden and traumatic. With my brothers, I had time to prepare, but found the occasions were no less painful. To you and your family, I offer prayers, condolences, sympathy, and empathy.

May your memories stay strong and your, life going forward, honor those who have completed their journey. My discussions with Bob were always fun and I looked forward to his contribution to our discussions.

Leave a comment:

• rglasscock
    replied
    I don't know how to move pictures yet. I just made an album with a couple of pictures of Bob. Thanks again for you friendships, Richard

Leave a comment:

• gordr
    replied
    Let me offer my condolences as well.

Leave a comment:

• Skip Lackie
    replied
    What terrible news. Always enjoyed his comments and his Buddy Holly stories. My sympathies to the family.

Leave a comment:

• Welcome
    replied
    Originally posted by rglasscock View Post
    >>>Fir those of you who don't know the history of his car. Our Father purchased it new in December, 1949 at Bevan Motors, Hutchinson, KS. We lived in Stafford, KS then and the trip to Hutch is one of my first memories. When I learn how to post it, I have a picture of me with a model of a Starlight coupe that the dealer gave me then. The Champion was the daily driver for many years after that. Bob was brought home from the hospital in it. In 1955, we added a second car to the family, then in 1960 traded that car in and kept the '50. In 1962, our Dad bought a 1962 Studebaker wagon to keep the '50 company. Then a 1964 Daytona sedan. The '50 was always there, I learned to drive in it, Bob learned to drive in it. I wrecked it once, our dad made me go to a junkyard and remove a fender from a junker and put it on our car, so from then on it had a chrome headlight trim on the left fender. The car was finally retired and after several years Bob got it and quietly started restoring it. His goal was to show it to our Dad, before he passed away. Bob accomplished that goal, with your help. Our Dad was in his late 80s when Bob showed it off. I was there and it was a great day! I was/am so proud of that effort. He never quite finished the car and I will now take on that project. The best part of Bob's story is that he was not a car guy, just a 1950 Studebaker Champion guy. Thanks for caring

TURNING WHEELS magazine.

Leave a comment:

• studeski
    replied
    Many times I wanted to strike up more conversations with Bob, but did not. Now I regret that I had not. Great guy! No.... the BEST! My heart felt sympathies to the family.

March, 2009 lunch in Lubbock:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by studeski; 11-18-2012, 06:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PeterHawk
    replied
    I didn't know Dave personally but I know the Forum and when someone like Dave is lost we all lose.

God bless.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X