No announcement yet.

Rest in Peace, Bob Glasscock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi John, I think I have met you several years ago. We lived in Greer and were going to see a potter on the north side of town. I saw a pick-up parked outside of a house and stopped by. We talked a while and you showed me a business coupe, maybe the one in you picture, in you shed. I always wanted to come back and make you an offer.

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear of Bob's passing. Like a lot of people here I only knew him through the forum but unlike other forums I've been on this one seems to be the most like a true extended family. I will surely miss his posts. My condolences to his family.

Comment

Rest In Peace Bob. Our condolences to his family.
        Joe H

Comment

Ouch X2: Bob Glasscock and Mark Plaia here, only four days apart:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sou...18#fbLoggedOut

and

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...9-Lark-Hardtop

A tough week. & BP
          Last edited by BobPalma; 11-18-2012, 11:01 AM.
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Rest in piece Bob

Comment

Wow, this is quite the shock! I only knew Bob through this forum like many others, but he was one of the guys that kept me from leaving the forum entirely many times. He and his great posts will be sorely missed! My thoughts and prayers are with you Richard, and your family.
              Dylan Wills
              Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
              1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
              1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
              1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                Ouch X2: Bob Glasscock and Mark Plaia here, only four days apart: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sou...18#fbLoggedOut and http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...9-Lark-Hardtop A tough week. & BP
                Yes BP, very TOUGH indeed!!!

Some may find it 'SHOCKING' …that Bob G's two bosses and co-moderators on this very SDC Forum and SDC Website have yet to express any type of condolence here by their total lack of presence in this thread. That makes it "Ouch 4X"!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post

Some may find it 'SHOCKING' …that Bob G's two bosses and co-moderators on this very SDC Forum and SDC Website have yet to express any type of condolence here by their total lack of presence in this thread. That makes it "Ouch 4X"!!!
                  I am having difficulty understanding how you are making this your business...perhaps these two gentlemen, like myself need time to reflect on the terrible news we have learned today...wrong place, and wrong time.

Condolences to both families and their loses. The pain we are feeling on the forum can not even come close to what you are going through. Deepest Regards, Junior.
                  sigpic
                  1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Richard, thanks for joining in and I hope you stay around as you continue to work on the Champion. Your brother was one of the guys that makes this forum fun to be a part of. So sorry for your loss, we're gonna miss him.
                    Last edited by mbstude; 11-18-2012, 12:57 PM.

Comment

May God bless you, Bob. I'm sure that you DID bring that Piper in for a safe landing-in Heaven.
                      John
                      1950 Champion
                      W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
                      Holdrege NE

Comment

Originally posted by rglasscock View Post
                        Hi John, I think I have met you several years ago. We lived in Greer and were going to see a potter on the north side of town. I saw a pick-up parked outside of a house and stopped by. We talked a while and you showed me a business coupe, maybe the one in you picture, in you shed. I always wanted to come back and make you an offer.
                        Gee whiz! What a small world it can be indeed! I'm sorry I did not connect you and Bob. That is what I get for being so self centered and self involved. I sometimes get so wrapped up in my own space I fail to notice folks around me...even when showing off my own junk. I once spent about an hour and a half in my back yard with an accidental visitor that happened to stop by like you did.

After he left, I went in the house and found my wife beside herself with excitement. She wanted to know how I had become such good friends with a football legend. I asked her what she was talking about. She asked, "Didn't you notice the Super Bowl ring on his hand?" (She is the big sports fan in our home.) I replied that as far as I knew, it was some guy asking for directions.

Besides having an interest in Studebaker as the common thread that pulls us together...I contend that we also have what I have concluded is a "Studebaker Personality." Part of that personality, is a desire to be set apart...to be different. Unfortunately, that also includes the ability to embarrass ourselves, say the wrong things at the wrong time, and be inappropriate. Kinda like the crazy uncle that shows up at a family gathering...tipsey...with his fly undone. Even then...we find a way to forgive, overlook, and move on.

Please accept the sincere expressions given in this thread, overlook the inappropriate, and join us. We are elevated by your presence.
                        John Clary
                        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Geez! Just checking in on this today. Truly sad news to learn this. Bob was a veritable lynchpin of this forum. His comments were always worth reading. Best wishes and comforts to his family from this forum's "family". RIP Bob.
                          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

So sorry to hear this news about Mr. Glasscock...R. I. P.

I too had never met him but did read his posts. He will be missed.
                            sigpic
                            55 President Deluxe
                            64 Commander
                            66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post

Did it ever occur to you that many may have made the choice to deliver their condolences via private e-mail as opposed to publicly on the Forum? Perhaps this may be the case of our moderators.

Craig

Comment

Aww man... I just came back from a weekend away with my wife to find this. I am sad beyond words.

Like many of the rest of us, I only knew Bob from his participation and partnership here on the Forum, but we had the opportunity to speak by phone several times over the last year, and I considered him a friend. I found it odd that Bob hadn't jumped in on a couple of particular topics, but never thought that something so terrible might have happened. Bob was an invaluable asset to this Forum and our hobby. He stepped up to help out here, and did a stellar job.

Richard, I'm so sorry for your loss. Your brother will be, and already is, missed here.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                                X