Rest in Peace, Bob Glasscock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dnevin View Post
    Bob was a true friend here on the forums; he'll be missed by all of us. Richard, our thoughts are with you and your family.

I can't say it any better.
    As a relative new guy here, I never met him but enjoyed and learned a great deal from his posts.

RIP, Robert.
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Good Roads, Mr. Glasscock

R.I.P.
      Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
      Kenmore, Washington
      hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
      '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
      '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
      '69 Pontiac Firebird
      (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

I didn't know Bob and am very sad to hear of this. condolonces to his folks. jimmijim
        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I too only knew Bob from this forum but his posts were positive ones, and I'm stunned.

Sympathy to his family.
          Bill Pressler
          Kent, OH
          (formerly Greenville, PA)
          Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
          Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
          1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
          1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
          All are in Australia now

Comment

No matter what the world's problems are, no matter what we have to discuss on the Forum, it all matters little when we are stunned by this news and the loss of a great friend. You served SDC well Bob. Rest in peace.
            Stu Chapman

Comment

Wow, I am overwhelmed by the responses to Bob's Death. You folks are a great bunch, I look forward to getting to know you all better. We had Bob's Memorial Service last Monday in Amarillo, TX. Burial will be in Amarillo, when we get him back. As I go thru his house, I find more and more Studebaker stuff and realize just how much his car meant to him.

Fir those of you who don't know the history of his car. Our Father purchased it new in December, 1949 at Bevan Motors, Hutchinson, KS. We lived in Stafford, KS then and the trip to Hutch is one of my first memories. When I learn how to post it, I have a picture of me with a model of a Starlight coupe that the dealer gave me then. The Champion was the daily driver for many years after that. Bob was brought home from the hospital in it. In 1955, we added a second car to the family, then in 1960 traded that car in and kept the '50. In 1962, our Dad bought a 1962 Studebaker wagon to keep the '50 company. Then a 1964 Daytona sedan. The '50 was always there, I learned to drive in it, Bob learned to drive in it. I wrecked it once, our dad made me go to a junkyard and remove a fender from a junker and put it on our car, so from then on it had a chrome headlight trim on the left fender. The car was finally retired and after several years Bob got it and quietly started restoring it. His goal was to show it to our Dad, before he passed away. Bob accomplished that goal, with your help. Our Dad was in his late 80s when Bob showed it off. I was there and it was a great day! I was/am so proud of that effort. He never quite finished the car and I will now take on that project. The best part of Bob's story is that he was not a car guy, just a 1950 Studebaker Champion guy. Thanks for caring

Comment

I didn't know Dave personally but I know the Forum and when someone like Dave is lost we all lose.

God bless.
                Peter Bishop

Comment

Many times I wanted to strike up more conversations with Bob, but did not. Now I regret that I had not. Great guy! No.... the BEST! My heart felt sympathies to the family.

March, 2009 lunch in Lubbock:
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by studeski; 11-18-2012, 06:56 AM.
                  sigpic
                  Claude Chmielewski
                  Studeski
                  http://www.studeski.com
                  Fillmore, Wisconsin
                  47 M-16 Truck
                  53 Commander Regal HT
                  53 2R5
                  60 Lark VIII Convertible
                  60 5E7 Champ pickup
                  62 5E7 Champ no box
                  62 GT Hawk 4 speed
                  63 Lark VI parts car
                  63 GT Hawk R2 4 speed
                  64 Commander Wagonaire
                  64 Daytona Convertible
                  50 Champion Regal (parts car)
                  36 Dictator
                  36 Dictator in pieces

Comment

Originally posted by rglasscock View Post
                    >>>Fir those of you who don't know the history of his car. Our Father purchased it new in December, 1949 at Bevan Motors, Hutchinson, KS. We lived in Stafford, KS then and the trip to Hutch is one of my first memories. When I learn how to post it, I have a picture of me with a model of a Starlight coupe that the dealer gave me then. The Champion was the daily driver for many years after that. Bob was brought home from the hospital in it. In 1955, we added a second car to the family, then in 1960 traded that car in and kept the '50. In 1962, our Dad bought a 1962 Studebaker wagon to keep the '50 company. Then a 1964 Daytona sedan. The '50 was always there, I learned to drive in it, Bob learned to drive in it. I wrecked it once, our dad made me go to a junkyard and remove a fender from a junker and put it on our car, so from then on it had a chrome headlight trim on the left fender. The car was finally retired and after several years Bob got it and quietly started restoring it. His goal was to show it to our Dad, before he passed away. Bob accomplished that goal, with your help. Our Dad was in his late 80s when Bob showed it off. I was there and it was a great day! I was/am so proud of that effort. He never quite finished the car and I will now take on that project. The best part of Bob's story is that he was not a car guy, just a 1950 Studebaker Champion guy. Thanks for caring

TURNING WHEELS magazine.

Comment

What terrible news. Always enjoyed his comments and his Buddy Holly stories. My sympathies to the family.
                      Skip Lackie

Comment

Let me offer my condolences as well.
                        Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

I don't know how to move pictures yet. I just made an album with a couple of pictures of Bob. Thanks again for you friendships, Richard

Comment

I have always thought of the SDC as not just a club...but an extended family. In 1986, I lost a sister due to an accident, in 2007, both of my older brothers died due to illness. In the incident with my sister, it was sudden and traumatic. With my brothers, I had time to prepare, but found the occasions were no less painful. To you and your family, I offer prayers, condolences, sympathy, and empathy.

May your memories stay strong and your, life going forward, honor those who have completed their journey. My discussions with Bob were always fun and I looked forward to his contribution to our discussions.
                            John Clary
                            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Can someone help him with the photos? I would like to see them.
                              I'm sure others would too.

I tried viewing his profile but couldn't find it.

Dean.

Comment

Hi Everybody,

Here is a link to the day Bob showed our Dad his car - https://picasaweb.google.com/1020393...CMqb66H6zf_VOg Please enjoy!! Bob is the short one, I am the ponytailed one, our Dad is the one in the leather jacket. The woman is our Mom. The other guy is Bob's friend John. My sign on is rglasscock and I thought I made the album public.
                                Last edited by rglasscock; 11-18-2012, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X