No announcement yet.

Studebaker Leads The Pack!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To:doublepaddle,----Yes, the Plymouth waterfront area is quite beautiful...the weather was perfect on Sunday, and I want to thank the 'South Shore Mopar' gang for inviting us to come along.

Comment

To: j.byrd,------Thanks for the nice compliment!...That color is the Avanti Turquoise, and it's a 20 year old acrylic lacquer job. Still looks pretty decent. I like the Turquoise color myself on Avantis, and
      I'll probably eventually paint the grey '85 Avanti I bought a few weeks ago the Studebaker Avanti Turquoise color. Are there many Avantis in Hawaii?

Comment

SN-60, there is a silver Chevy powered Avanti (non Stude mfg), don't know what year, a silver GT Hawk, a 4 door Lark, a 54 Coupe, a 53 Coupe, a 56 Transtar, and a 50 or 51 parts car that I know of and have seen. There is a gent on the other side that was a Stude dealer that has some, but I haven't seen his yet. Can't get 'em out of my system, and won't try, Ha ! We see new or unknown cars almost every week, it's like a car show over here some days. While setting down on Ali'i Drive eating lunch Sunday we saw a Ferrari, a Countach, my ex Falcon Ranchero, a 67 Camaro convert, and a 67 or 8 Camaro coupe. (didn't see if it had vent windows which is my main knowledge between the two ) The day a Coupe Express or a 53 or 54 drives by, I'll either get hurt, divorced, disappointed, or try to score a new "need", ha ! The other 53 and 54's are not for sale- -I tried. I'll try to post a poor pic of the Avanti, perhaps you'll know which it is.
        Attached Files

Comment

To: j.byrd,---WOW! after looking at the picture of the Avanti You posted, maybe I'll leave the '85 silver-grey!

Comment

Yeah, the Avanti looks nice, it's usually a lady driving by- - in the opposite direction of course- -but that night it was at our cruise-in. I snapped the pic, parked my car, turned around and it was gone. This Sat. is cruise night again, if it shows up, I'll try to get info and a decent picture. That silver also looks nice on the local Hawk, see pic.
            Attached Files

Comment

To: j.byrd,---Yes, the silver color works well on that GT Hawk....... But there is something very different about that Hawk... the upper trim has been removed from the fenders and doors, and the 1/4's
              have been welded and filled where they bolt on....even the GT tailights have been reworked.....VERY NICE!!!!!

Comment

To j.byrd: Is that a 55-56 Chrysler to the left of the G.T.Hawk?

Comment

I believe that's right, Nox, I looked through my pics and didn't take a picture of it !! DUH- - and I love those things. (My uncle had a 55 or 56 Imperial) I did find another pic of the Hawk for SN-60 that shows it before Mike started working on it. I'll ask or stop by again soon and see about the Cry-co and get a pic if he still has it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Outch...! THAT'S ONE COOL G.THawk!

...& yeah, I've gotta soft spot for those 55-56 Chryslers 'cause they look so small from a distance but when you come close... it's suddenly a quite beefy car! ...& Hemi...

Comment

Working...
                    X