Studebaker Leads The Pack!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Leads The Pack!!

We were invited to go along on a 'Mopar Cruise' to the waterfront area of Plymouth, Mass. yesterday..Plymouth Rock,...Mayflower II,...really pretty and historic area!....TRIVIA QUESTION:
    Which car in this photo did SN-60 arrive in?
    Attached Files

The Mopar guys thought it was an early Barracuda......?

Comment

To: 63 R2 Hawk,---- Some of the Mopars in the picture are barely street legal......The Satellite four cars from the end, and the white Duster behind My Avanti both have full roll cages and 400+ HP.
      We were the last car to join this caravan, and We heard these cars in the distance long before We actually saw them.

Comment

Bet that was a pretty sweet sound.... and smell, probably running race gas?

Comment

To: 63 R2 Hawk,----That's it exactly...there's a drag strip in NH we go to once in a while...New England Dragway....it kind of sounded (and smelled) like that place!

Comment

I really like those 1971-1972 Satellite Sebrings. I have owned a few, from 318 to 440, and used one for an everyday car for years.

EDIT: I had 1972 Sebring, Sebring Plus, Road Runner GTX.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Real nice picture, it brings back memories... I drove a -71 GTX 440 Magnum with 6-pack when I was 19, it was a rather modern car then & quiet... way to quiet...
              I wasn't very impressed when I overtook a bus until the tires gripped ! ! !
              It was the same color as the one behind the Duster/Demon but with white vinyl top.

Comment

To: Nox, Thanks!, The '71 GTX 440 six-pack You owned is a very rare Mopar these days (of course it was few and far between back then too). Definitely stronger than the average Hemi. Only car I've
                driven that may have pulled harder in stock form was a '67 427-435Hp Corvette. (Although some Buick Gran Sports would really throw You back in the seat!)

Comment

SN-60, that's gorgeous !! Sure miss mine.... Is that the stock Turquiose color ? We were going to paint ours that color (it was the "sorta" gold originally ), and was talking to a friend who had also just got one that needed paint. When I mentioned we were going with turquoise, he said he thought he would too, so me being one of those "don't want to meet myself" kinda guys, painted ours the Titan Red Avanti color. Nice, but still love the turquoise better and wish we had used it. I never saw his except at a couple of shows, and we used ours constantly. Yours is sure a doll, I think it and the solid black one another of our members have is the best colors for those cars. John Oh, nice "belowpars" too, as my anti-Mopar buddy calls them ! Ha !

Comment

I am from that area but live in Florida now. I went home in June and met some friends from Finland and we did that same day trip. My brother lives very near and I have not been to the "Rock" for quite a few years. Had a fun day seeing the rock,the boat, took a Harbor ride that was great, had REAL fried clams and some ice cream. Miss the place.

Comment

A good friend of mine owned a 70 Cuda with a 426 hemi, 4 speed trans and 4.10 posi differential and I remember it never being beaten in any street race it was ever in, including 440- 6 pack Dodges and Plymouths and a 427-435hp Chevrolet in any body. The car was basically stock with the exception of headers, Zoom clutch and a scattershield bellhousing. Bud

Comment

"EDIT: I had 1972 Sebring, Sebring Plus" Gee, Gary; I had a daily driver 73 Sebring Plus. Oh, do I miss that car!!!
                        1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by FlatheadGeo View Post
                          "EDIT: I had 1972 Sebring, Sebring Plus" Gee, Gary; I had a daily driver 73 Sebring Plus. Oh, do I miss that car!!!
                          I also had a 1973 Sebring Spring Special and a 1973 Sebring Plus. I was hit head-on by a fully loaded truck that crossed over into my lane on a two lane state highway when I was driving the Sebring Plus.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Hrmmm... no I didn't say I owned that 440 GTX, I said I drove it, but for a while it felt mighty good to think that someone thought I did own it...
                            I had a -62 Valiant that I put a Dodge 241 RedRam in from a speedboat with Hillborn injection & it sure scared loads of people with open Thrush sidepipes...

Comment

Hrmmm... no I didn't say I owned that 440 GTX, I said I drove it, but for a while it felt mighty good to think that someone thought I did own it...
                              I had a -62 Valiant that I put a Dodge 241 RedRam in from a speedboat with Hillborn injection & it sure scared loads of people with open Thrush sidepipes...
                              & there was a guy with a black/gold stripes 426 Hemi Challenger & the GTX did actually lose.

Comment

Working...
                              X