New 4 Speed Hurst Shifter on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 4 Speed Hurst Shifter on Ebay

This is an ebay ad for a new Hurst shifter on ebay. It still needs the install kit, but check the pricing. They sell for $240 at Summit Racing. This one is $150 and is new in the box, with a day and a half left.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HURST-COMPET...86e6fb&vxp=mtr
    Last edited by sals54; 11-10-2012, 12:55 AM.
    sals54

Sal, we are getting to old to do all the shifting any way, was planning on going 4 speed in my new project but since it takes so long to get anything done and will be close to 80 at the end looks like 700-R4 fits me better and long run might even be faster if racing, just my 2 cents worth.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

I picked up this shifter for $70 about 5 years ago on eBay. All have Hurst part numbers but the shifter box, stick, body does not say Hurst. The mounting adapter does and like I mentioned all part numbers are Hurst. It appears to be from the 60's and no one can supply any more information. Even the instructions are an early Hurst part number on them. The company name on the box says "Indy Performance Products" P.O. Box 93 Hatboro, PA. 19040 and the part number on the other side of the box is 5038554.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1166731...ODDyaDIyuXZkAE

The only thing missing was the nylon bushings for the arms. I bought a Pit Pack with the steel bushings and it's now complete. Just the mounting kit would have been worth the $70. I did get a white ball for the shifter as I didn't care for the T-handle. If you notice any use it's from me setting it up on the trans.

So, stuff it out there and sometimes cheap. Len.

Comment

Originally posted by Skybolt View Post
        I picked up this shifter for $70 about 5 years ago on eBay. All have Hurst part numbers but the shifter box, stick, body does not say Hurst. The mounting adapter does and like I mentioned all part numbers are Hurst. It appears to be from the 60's and no one can supply any more information. Even the instructions are an early Hurst part number on them. The company name on the box says "Indy Performance Products" P.O. Box 93 Hatboro, PA. 19040 and the part number on the other side of the box is 5038554.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1166731...ODDyaDIyuXZkAE

The only thing missing was the nylon bushings for the arms. I bought a Pit Pack with the steel bushings and it's now complete. Just the mounting kit would have been worth the $70. I did get a white ball for the shifter as I didn't care for the T-handle. If you notice any use it's from me setting it up on the trans.

So, stuff it out there and sometimes cheap. Len.
        Indy was the 'cheap/value' version of Hurst; much like Bluepoint vs. Snap On tools...........
        --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I told my son years ago... when I can no longer row the gears with my 4 speed, just put a pillow over my face and put me out of my misery.
          sals54

Comment

1962larksedan, That is what I tell people but have never had any confirmation until now. Thanks. Do you have any more info on it? It doesn't have Hurst on the stick or body but all other parts have Hurst or Hurst numbers on them so I had to go with the idea it was a cheaper version or an early version. Any way it is all Hurst and the only cheap part is the nylon type T-handle. Might be better to use than a smooth plastic T but I had to get a ball type. If I have trouble with my bench seat I will get the bench seat stick and that will have Hurst on it. Doesn't bother me either way as it's a great shifter and all for $70.

Comment

Hurst still makes Indy shifters, I remember them as a teenager in the 70's as 3spd shifters only, didn't know they were 4spds too.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/p...ter-for-trucks

Regards, Junior.
              sigpic
              1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Its not mine, I just noticed it on ebay. Thought someone may be looking for a good deal on a new shifter. Anything is better than the stock version, if you do any serious driving. Remember, you can always weld on your stock lever and it would look "show ready" at the next judging.
                sals54

Comment

The link is for a 4 speed version of the Indy.

http://www.hurst-shifters.com/?wpsc-...c-transmission

Hurst "Indy" shifters are not cheap, only $1 cheaper in the current catalog.

The shifter I have now is not a Hurst Indy as such. It has no labeling on any of the components to indicate Indy, like most "Indy" shifters have it embossed in the stick. The stick it's self is shaped like 538-6836 so it's a mix of things and the stick comes straight up, unless it's for a truck and then it angles back 2/3rds the way up.

Comment

I had a Hurst shifter in my 1:st US car in -78, a 1:st series Valiant with a 4-speed truck gearbox.
                    It was bended for bench-seat but bucket seats was in when I bought it (& the 7:th engine...) & it had a white knob exactly like the one pictured on the e-bay one, & I never really liked the T-handles anyway.
                    Raced that car & never lost, slant six against Mustangs...
                    & the reason why I wanted such a car was because of it's Studebaker-like face.

Comment

Working...
                    X