Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oldwood
    replied
    All those pics and not one of the engine. Who needs an engine anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Flashback
    replied
    I agree, this is one I would love to have, and it is a nice beautiful car. You couldn't build it for the price. However, there are still things I wonder about. Should the hood and trunk emblems match? Should it have tri-star wheel covers? were the trunk lift handles painted both white and black? Was the arm rest ever put on backwards? And are the colors on interior and trunk right? Would it be considered modified at a show?

Leave a comment:

• Studedude
    replied
    Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
    Forgetting about the minute, unimportant details and getting back to your question, Yes it would be a very good deal at or near the current bid price of $6100.00. BUT, Jerry is a knowledgeable SDC Member who I am sure knows he has a $20,000.00 plus car, so the reserve will reflect that.
    I have met Jerry, and he is, in fact, indeed, a fine fellow, honest as the day is long.

I have not been to his place, but he has been to mine.

He's so fine a fellow, in fact, that he is offering his $20,000 plus car for a buy it now of only $14,500.00!

Temping, indeed!

*EDIT* Upon talking to Jerry, I learned that this is not "his" car. Nonetheless, I'm satisfied that he has described it accurately.
    Last edited by Studedude; 11-09-2012, 10:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Nice '53 "C"

Originally posted by studefan View Post
    This looks like a really nice car at a really good price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...#ht_853wt_1093
    Forgetting about the minute, unimportant details and getting back to your question, Yes it would be a very good deal at or near the current bid price of $6100.00. BUT, Jerry is a knowledgeable SDC Member who I am sure knows he has a $20,000.00 plus car, so the reserve will reflect that.

This is a Beautiful Car with Tri-Star/8 or V/8 does not matter, as it is fixable.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
    Interesting to know. I wonder if the same was true for the Hamilton plant.

Craig
    I don't know for sure. My guess is that they all got tri-stars. There were only about 1300 1953 Commanders of all body styles made in Hamilton.

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by dnevin View Post
    It is my understanding that all 53s from the Vernon plant had the tri-star throughout the run.

Mine was mid run, and had the tri-stars.
    Interesting to know. I wonder if the same was true for the Hamilton plant.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
    If its one of the last, I believe it would not have had a tri-star in the first place.

Craig
    The best information that I have is that ALL Vernon (LA) 1953s had the tri-star and that the tri-star was discontinued mid-model year for the South Bend built cars.
    What makes this car confusing is that it has the tri-star on the trunk, but not on the hood. I can not imagine any of the factories building it like that.

Leave a comment:

• dnevin
    replied
    It is my understanding that all 53s from the Vernon plant had the tri-star throughout the run.

Mine was mid run, and had the tri-stars.

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by studegary View Post
    It is one of the last 1953 Commanders built in Vernon (LA), yet it does not have a tri-star on the hood. Maybe it has been changed since 1953.

If its one of the last, I believe it would not have had a tri-star in the first place.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    It is one of the last 1953 Commanders built in Vernon (LA), yet it does not have a tri-star on the hood. Maybe it has been changed since 1953.

EDIT: It DOES have the tri-star on the trunk.

Things like this bother me <G>.
    Last edited by studegary; 11-09-2012, 11:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jimmijim8
    replied
    Don't know Jerry Kaiser but know he ain't no Johnny Come Lately in the Stude world

Leave a comment:

• Green 53
    replied
    I agree. Jerry is a straight shooter.

Denny L

Leave a comment:

• gordr
    replied
    Me three. Gerry Kaiser is great guy to deal with.

Leave a comment:

• candbstudebakers
    replied
    Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
    I've known and dealt with Gerry for at least 15 years. If HE says it - you can take it to the bank - period.
    Same here, I have been to his place twice and that is 800 miles from me and then I need to come home the same miles good guy to deal with.

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    I've known and dealt with Gerry for at least 15 years. If HE says it - you can take it to the bank - period.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X