This could be a buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
    The center of the wheelcovers are already painted gold. You wouldn't even have to add those horrible spinners.
    Now, that right there is funny!

BUT... MY GOD MAN, the wheelcovers may not be original to the car!

Doesn't that worry you to the point of causing ulcers??
    Last edited by Studedude; 11-09-2012, 08:40 PM.
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
      BUT... MY GOD MAN, the wheelcovers may not be original to the car!

Doesn't that worry you to the point of causing ulcers??
      Not as bad as some may think. I even like hot rods. (I know, such sacrilege).

Comment

Not as bad as some may think. I even like hot rods. (I know, such sacrilege).
        That ain't right, 'cause I remember way back when, when you declared otherwise.
        Last edited by Studedude; 11-09-2012, 09:50 PM.
        sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

Jerry made a human error, or experienced a computer glitch, and did not get all of the pictures up to ebay as intended.

He sent me the following pics he intended to get up on Ebay, but something failed him:

Brand spankin' new rubber door gaskets, not yet seated in, can make fit 'n finish look worse than it is.

Paint with some orange peel, that simply needs a little color sandin' and buffin' can make things look worse than they are.
          Last edited by Studedude; 11-10-2012, 08:38 AM.
          sigpic
          Dave Lester

Comment

Those added pictures make me like the car a lot more.
            As stated in the listing, it is now a 12 volt car. Not a Studebaker alternator. I woud move the ground from the exhaust manifold that probably has a gasket between it and the engine.
            It appears to have a 1957-1962 engine.
            I agree that it is a nice car. I just pointed out some items that others may not pick up on.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
              It appears to have a 1957-1962 engine.
              Hi Gary--I'm trying to learn here. What makes you think it is a later engine rather than a 232? (Curious and want to know)
              Dave Nevin
              Corvallis, OR
              1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
              Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

Originally posted by dnevin View Post
                Hi Gary--I'm trying to learn here. What makes you think it is a later engine rather than a 232? (Curious and want to know)
                Did not appear to ever have a fuel pump up top (now electric pump) and the oil filter set-up is 1957 to early 1962.
                Of course, the engine number would give the true answer. Many things could have been changed.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Thanks Gary
                  Dave Nevin
                  Corvallis, OR
                  1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
                  Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

Now that is one beautiful 53! Oh how I wish I could spring for it. old digger

Comment

4 bolt valve covers were on 60's cars however some 60's model Studes got the 2 holers. My 259 60 Lark did. I suppose cost cutting antics. cheers jimmijim
                      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
                        4 bolt valve covers were on 60's cars however some 60's model Studes got the 2 holers. My 259 60 Lark did. I suppose cost cutting antics. cheers jimmijim
                        When I installed later engines in earlier cars, I always made some visual changes like changing the two bolt rocker arm covers for four bolt items.
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                        X