64 hawk on bakersfeild craigs list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 hawk on bakersfeild craigs list

Has anyone seen or looked at the 64 hawk on bakersfeild craigs list? If it wasn't so far away I would be after it for parts.
    Attached Files

It looks pretty good in the pictures. It would be a shame to use any '64 GT for parts. Just an observation from a resident of the "rust belt"!

Comment

Also a resident of the rust belt, It looks like a restoration project to me.
      Klif
      55 Speedster/Street Machine
      63 Avanti R2
      64 Convertible R1

Comment

Originally posted by qsanford View Post
        It looks pretty good in the pictures. It would be a shame to use any '64 GT for parts. Just an observation from a resident of the "rust belt"!
        Originally posted by klifton1 View Post
        Also a resident of the rust belt, It looks like a restoration project to me.
        Klif
        Coming from a Rust Belt refugee (Wash DC native); I agree with both of you about that Hawk would be a builder and maybe use a rusted out Hawk as a parts donor.
        --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Hard and expensive lesson learned. Just because a car is in California today doesn't mean it didn't spend the first fifty years of its' life in Missouri. Trust but verify.

jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
            Hard and expensive lesson learned. Just because a car is in California today doesn't mean it didn't spend the first fifty years of its' life in Missouri. Trust but verify.

jack vines
            I agree but; the odds are much greater that a car looking like that Hawk is indeed a Calif native judging by the 'patina'.

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Just that it would be a better car to keep if a true cal car than the rust bucket that I'am restoring now. I wouldn't junk either just would finish the rust bucket and find it a new home.

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
                Just that it would be a better car to keep if a true cal car than the rust bucket that I'am restoring now. I wouldn't junk either just would finish the rust bucket and find it a new home.
                http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...vers-So-ask-Me!

He's in Washington State with a 1962 Hawk he's parting out.

Comment

If anyone is interested in the Hawk, I live in Bakersfield and can look at it for you.

Comment

Bob I found it.

http://bakersfield.craigslist.org/cto/3367791314.html

Comment

Ok thanks Pat, might even have an engine who knows? poor ad.
                      Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California

Comment

As a 45 year California resident I can say that very few California cars are void of rust. More often than not water gets internal to the interior - or trunk areas via some kind of leak. It sits under carpet and mats and rusts from the inside out (don't be fooled by nice looking floorboards from under the car).

Additionally a fair number of cars are near the Pacific ocean. The persistent salt laden-ed fog is quite corrosive. All the times I've raced 60 miles up to coastal Santa Barbara, wishing..., hoping..., only to find cars that were "returning to the sea." It may not be as bad as it is in the "rust belt," but it often isn't as good as many people think.

Tom
                        '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Originally posted by wittsend View Post
                          As a 45 year California resident I can say that very few California cars are void of rust. More often than not water gets internal to the interior - or trunk areas via some kind of leak. It sits under carpet and mats and rusts from the inside out (don't be fooled by nice looking floorboards from under the car).

Additionally a fair number of cars are near the Pacific ocean. The persistent salt laden-ed fog is quite corrosive. All the times I've raced 60 miles up to coastal Santa Barbara, wishing..., hoping..., only to find cars that were "returning to the sea." It may not be as bad as it is in the "rust belt," but it often isn't as good as many people think.

Tom
                          I know what you mean about cars from by the beach: I remember seeing a bunch of late 1960's vehicles ca. 1979 in Daly City, outside of SF and the rust on them was weird. The 'grilles' just in front of the windshield wipers were flat rotted away much like a Meth head's teeth but the undercarriages were actually pretty decent.

Note I'm a Wash DC native and vehicles were all but destroyed by their 5th birthday in the 1970's so; overall, Calif vehicles were creampuffs by comparison-----------to the point mentioning 'California car' in a 'For Sale' ad upped the value by 50% off the bat.

Comment

Working...
                          X