1930s studebaker racing engine photos I found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1930s studebaker racing engine photos I found

Hi- trying to find out more information about the photos I have recently found. They came from an estate in south bend of a man who was an engineer for studebaker. I have quite a few 8x10 original 1930s era photos showing many different views of the 2 engines that are in the attached photo. There are also lots of other photos of suspensions, brakes etc. I was told that this could be a miller built Indy race engine. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    darren

Click for photo. - http://www.bahcode.com/studebakerengine.jpg

Darren,
    Get in touch with Gary Ash, here.... (forum name garyash) .... http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...php?59-garyash
    He's building a tribute car of the 1930's Studebaker racers..
    He would have some info, or would appreciate you sharing your info with him.
    Jeff

Originally posted by Dbianco View Post
    Hi- trying to find out more information about the photos I have recently found. They came from an estate in south bend of a man who was an engineer for studebaker. I have quite a few 8x10 original 1930s era photos showing many different views of the 2 engines that are in the attached photo. There are also lots of other photos of suspensions, brakes etc. I was told that this could be a miller built Indy race engine. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    darren

Click for photo. - http://www.bahcode.com/studebakerengine.jpg
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

It looks like the engine has studs for head bolts.

Comment

I have these images and more. I believe I shared them with Gary and some others. It is the 250 c.i. Eight that was offered in 1934 to anyone interested in racing. The price was $750. Gary is trying to replicate this engine, This was not the engine Studebaker used in the factory sponsored cars 1932-33, that was the 336 c.i. engine. As has been mentioned however the 250 was run by some independents.
        Richard Quinn
        Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

The photo on the bottom right is without question on the second floor of the Engineering building and I know exactly where it was taken. Man that brings back memories.
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Were you at Vaparaso on the weekend? I think I talked to you.

Comment

It have a lot more of these . About 74 photos

Comment

Originally posted by Dbianco View Post
                Hi- trying to find out more information about the photos I have recently found. They came from an estate in south bend of a man who was an engineer for studebaker. I have quite a few 8x10 original 1930s era photos showing many different views of the 2 engines that are in the attached photo. There are also lots of other photos of suspensions, brakes etc. I was told that this could be a miller built Indy race engine. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks darren
                WELCOME ...to the SDC Forum...neighbor!!!

Comment

Working...
                X