Calling Staten Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling Staten Island

Has antbody heard from the Verrazanno Narrows Chapter?
    Peter Bishop

Bump for Long Island or Manhattan Chapters
    Peter Bishop

Comment

Most of the shore points on SI, especially the southern coast were hard hit. I just got electricity back after ten days. Haven't heard from anyone. BUT: As I looked out of the window, I am on a major N-S street, I saw member Steve Dominiche drive past with his green Lark that he had taken to South Bend!
      1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by FlatheadGeo View Post
        Most of the shore points on SI, especially the southern coast were hard hit. I just got electricity back after ten days. Haven't heard from anyone. BUT: As I looked out of the window, I am on a major N-S street, I saw member Steve Dominiche drive past with his green Lark that he had taken to South Bend!
        Very relieved to see your post. You have been in my thoughts and prayers. Stay safe and I hope you come through the impending nor'easter OK.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Good news!

Comment

Has anybody seen or talked to Tony Variano? Glad to know that you all are safe and hopefully soon you will be whole again as whole can be.
            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

The Verrazano Narrows Studebaker Club and it's members have survived Hurricane Sandy. As George Vikos stated the South shore got the worst of the storm with property damage and casualties. Those of us on the North shore didn't so much have flooding. Our problem was "Treason". Mostly big 3 story oaks and maples! Each weighing in at around 5 tons. Vice President Dr. Mary Ortiz lives right in the middle of the affected South shore area but luckily had escaped with minimal property damage and no damage to her 1959 Lark h/t. I can say the club and myself appreciate all the well wishes and prayers to recover from this hurricane. Our pride and spirit goes on and we hope to see you all at our Christmas/Chanukah party on Dec. 15, 2012.
              Joe Lipton President of Verrazano Narrows Studebaker Club

Comment

John,

Thanks for your concern and prayers. I also, three weeks ago, became a grandfather, baby boy!!!
                1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Here, on Long Island, we're getting along better now. This Sunday, we're having a Stude show at the Long Island Museum and Carriage House in Stony Brook. I hope we get a good turnout of Studebakers. The L.I. Studebaker Club was honored to be invited to take part in their Veterans' Day celebration with our cars, plus Doo Wop music. We'll also have access to the beautiful collection of antique horse-drawn carriages.
                  Rog
                  '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                  Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Originally posted by raprice View Post
                    Here, on Long Island, we're getting along better now. This Sunday, we're having a Stude show at the Long Island Museum and Carriage House in Stony Brook. I hope we get a good turnout of Studebakers. The L.I. Studebaker Club was honored to be invited to take part in their Veterans' Day celebration with our cars, plus Doo Wop music. We'll also have access to the beautiful collection of antique horse-drawn carriages.
                    Rog
                    Can you post a complete address for this and the hours its going to take place? I can't promise at this point that I can attend, but with that information available it will help make my decision easier. I am sure there are other NJ members that will be interested also.

Todd

Comment

Working...
                    X