Looking for my rumbleseat hawk;

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for my rumbleseat hawk;

wondering who now ownes the flamingo 61 hawk with rumbleseat I owened in 70-71
    Last edited by showbizkid; 11-05-2012, 09:05 PM.

a little info on rumbleseat hawk;

Came fro Chicago dealer, Frank Hilger or Hilker.I bought the car in 70 or 71 from The Public Auto Exchange in Bloomington,Il. At the time,it didn't have s.s.wheel mouldings. No sign it ever did.289,4bbl.automatic.

Comment

rumbleseat was called bearcat kit.

Comment

Pine52, I have merged your three separate posts into one thread that hopefully will help you find your former car. SDCers, anyone ever seen the car he's asking about?

Pine, maybe a little more info would help. Where did you live when you sold it? What year was that? Do you remember who you sold it to?

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Could it be this one:

Mentioned in this thread?:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...eat+studebaker
          sigpic
          Dave Lester

Comment

This car was restored by Dale Kuhn in the late 70s. It was pretty rough when he started so don't know how that restoration has held up. The last owner I communicated with was Harry Albright of Big Rapids MI. That was in 2001 and as far as I know he still owns it.
            Richard Quinn
            Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Thanks Richard! I traded the car to Dale Kuhn in 71.Big mistake.Got a 63G.T.4bbl.4spd.that made a great misquito fogger.Fortunatly air coming in floors provided ample ventilation.Young and dumb.He gave me some cash also.

Comment

Ironically that hawk is in our area, although it's never been seen. The owner walked up to my significant other at a local show when we were showing our 62 hawk and mentioned the rumble seat 61....he claimed it was a factory one of three or 4. He wasn't the most communicative from me listening to the conversation, also seemed it hadn't been out of storage for awhile.

Locally, word has it it is in Branch, Mi.... Also some 1990's TW's confirm that.

My significant other heard a rumor that it was for sale at $20k...but it's supposedly now has some rust issues re-appearing. The concept conveyed was that the seller was dreaming, I don't know how true that is. We never went to look at it as our project plate is full for the time being and besides, we don't need two similarly-colored hawks, especially when I get jested in good nature about my [our] 'tangerine' one.

If it is owned by Harry Albright in Big Rapids Michigan, I just looked in the local phone book and he is listed. PM me if you want his number.

Heather
                Last edited by 4jc8z; 11-06-2012, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4jc8z View Post
                  >>>Locally, word has it it is in Branch, Mi.... Also some 1990's TW's confirm that. <<<Heather
                  Thank you very much, Heather.

Do you have an update on that other Hawk you & I have a "mutual interestPS:

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
                    Thank you very much, Heather.

Do you have an update on that other Hawk you & I have a "mutual interestPS:

Jim, Email sent earlier today.

Heather

Comment

Working...
                    X