Looking For An Avanti Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For An Avanti Hood

Need an Avanti hood for a friend that bought the old Burke Bros. land speed car.
    (More recently known as 'The Bucket List Dream' car).

If there are 'early/late' splits, this would probably be an early one.
    Need not be pristeen, just complete and re-workable.
    This is for the continuation of an Avanti that has been raced since the sixties....Quite a pedigree!

Send me a PM, or contact David Parris at rackworx at bellsouth dot net
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

If all else fails, Dan Booth at Nostalgic motors has them used and new but you/he will be better off economically to find one from the local members.

I purchased one a while back to do exactly what your friend is trying to do. I'm keeping it to replace the OEM hood on the 74 after I cut up the original and modify to have a 4" cowl induction setup.

Don't give up on Ebay, there was one on there for a long time at $299 but I have not seen it in a couple of months. Might be worth a search on completed item although Ebay doesn't let one go back more that 60 days whereas they used to let one go back much further. Craigslist is also a possibility.

As I think further, there was a door on Ebay not long ago. Searching for it might lead him to the seller whom may have more parts available.

I hope he finds one as I want to follow how he builds it if he gets to it before I do.

Bob
    Last edited by sweetolbob; 11-05-2012, 09:41 AM.
    , ,

Comment

Barry Hackney in Houston was parting one out recently. You also might want to post an ad in the AOAI Avanti Magazine and post the need onthe AOAI forum.
      Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
      1961 Hawk 4-speed
      1967 Avanti
      1961 Lark 2 door
      1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

I think the hood from Barry is the one that I brought back from South Bend and shipped to New Zealand
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Jeff, try Dwayne Jacobsen at Midwest Studebaker. He has several parted Avanti's, and has his ad in Turning Wheels. A good guy to deal with. Bill.

Comment

Working...
          X