President's Studie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aarrggh View Post
    If Jimmy Carters 48 was donated to the Presidential Library in GA , Whats it doin whithering away at someones shop . . . ? hmmm .
    I was asked to pick it up from the donor in Brunswick Ga. Bring it to my shop,get ti running and keep it until the museum was ready for it. I did what I was asked to do and it's still sitting in my yard.

What the museum really wanted was for our chapter to restore it for them and donate our time and $$$. this idea was brought before the chapter and rejected.

The Lady from the presidential library calls once in awhile to check up on it.
    Neil Thornton

Comment

I see - - said the blind man .

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
        The original poster doesn't seem to know much about Studebakers. There is no such thing as a "1947 Champ truck." As has been stated, M. Bush owned a 1947 Champion (car). I believe that they located a similar car that has been placed in the Bush Museum.
        The current AAA magazine "Journeys" says that there is a "1947 Studebaker" in the George H. W. Bush Presidential Library in College Station, but it doesn't provide any additional info.
        "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

[QUOTE=rockinhawk;692614]I was asked to pick it up from the donor in Brunswick Ga. Bring it to my shop,get ti running and keep it until the museum was ready for it. I did what I was asked to do and it's still sitting in my yard.

What the museum really wanted was for our chapter to restore it for them and donate our time and $$$. this idea was brought before the chapter and rejected.

The Lady from the presidential library calls once in awhile to check up on

What a bunch of freeloaders,
          I can't believe that they weren't art least willing to help with the restoration.
          All I can say is....

Thank God, Allah,and that chubby little brass guy that someone said no.

SEE If this gets removed now.

Dean.

Comment

was the M5 of 1947 still marketed as a "Coupe-Express"?

Maybe....

I have the 1945 1/2 Ton coupe express and the 1946 1 ton coupe express data brochures. I don't know about the '47s though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Bryant View Post
              The current AAA magazine "Journeys" says that there is a "1947 Studebaker" in the George H. W. Bush Presidential Library in College Station, but it doesn't provide any additional info.
              Hmm, didn't I just answer that?
              Richard Quinn
              Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by Andy R. View Post
                With tangential regard to the original post, was the M5 of 1947 still marketed as a "Coupe-Express"?
                Yes. the 1/2 ton M series was referred to in advertising as the Coupe Express right up to late 1947 (the 1948 model year). Less well known is that they also referred to the 1 ton M15 with the pick up box as a Coupe Express.
                Richard Quinn

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
                  Hmm, didn't I just answer that?
                  You certainly did! I only referred to it because I was pleased to see the car mentioned in an article in a national publication considering the many artifacts present in the museum. His limo was also mentioned, but not by make. Probably unnecessary trivia on my part.
                  Last edited by Bob Bryant; 11-03-2012, 10:08 PM. Reason: addition
                  "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Too bad your chapter didn't/wasn't able to restore that car--it would be a great way to get the name of Studebaker out in front of more people.
                    Dave Nevin
                    Corvallis, OR
                    1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
                    Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

[QUOTE=dean pearson;692631]
                      Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
                      I was asked to pick it up from the donor in Brunswick Ga. Bring it to my shop,get ti running and keep it until the museum was ready for it. I did what I was asked to do and it's still sitting in my yard.

The Lady from the presidential library calls once in awhile to check up on

What a bunch of freeloaders,
                      I can't believe that they weren't art least willing to help with the restoration.
                      All I can say is....

Thank God, Allah,and that chubby little brass guy that someone said no.

SEE If this gets removed now.

Dean.
                      All that I have done with the car, Transport, Labor,and storage has been Gratis. I offered to put up a small metal building to store it in for $1000, but they didn't want to spend that much on it.

The VP of our chapter is heavy into politics and a strong Jimmy Carter advesary, and would have nothing to do with it. He made the statement:"I can't stand Jimmy Carter! I don't know I ever Voted for him!... TWICE!"
                      Neil Thornton

Comment

Since were talking about Studes, George W mentioned a Studebaker in Chief Justice Rehnquist
                        eulogy. Is there any history of note on that car? Or does noteworthy political owners stop at Presidents?

Just curious.

3rd paragraph of of speech at this link.
                        http://catholicsforbush.blogspot.com...stice.html?m=1

It was the first google link that had the entire speach.
                        61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

If this would happen to a Studebaker i donated , , I would demand it to be returned to me ........... NOW . !
                          ( unless this person is no longer with us of course )..................

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
                            Ronald Reagin was a Studebaker owner too. also he did ads for Studebaker.
                            So was Elanor Roosevelt.
                            Lou Van Anne
                            62 Champ
                            64 R2 GT Hawk
                            79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
                              So was Elanor Roosevelt.
                              If I remember right, she owned a Scotsman.
                              Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
                                If I remember right, she owned a Scotsman.
                                Chris; Kinda curious, at your young age, as to how you would remember?? Mrs. Roosevelt began purchasing her Studebakers in 1949 (4 years after her husband died) and traded for a new one every year at least through 1955. In 1955 she purchased a new two tone blue President State Sedan from Pitcher Motors in Poughkeepsie, NY. She also owed a Conestoga wagon at the time. She died in 1962 at age 78 and whether she continued her practice of buying a new Studebaker every year from 1955-62 I cannot say with certainty. I would doubt, however, given her status that she would have purchased a Scotsman. If you have documentation to the contrary I would be interested in seeing it.
                                Richard Quinn

Comment

Working...
                                X