Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reproducing Avanti Sun Visors, Gauging Interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reproducing Avanti Sun Visors, Gauging Interest?

Matthew Wendt

My 76 has a more traditional type visor, but doesn't move to the side window. The original ones you are considering making are about as useful as a screen door in a submarine. Visors were not a strong selling point on the Avanti.
    sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

I'd like some and would be willing to supply a core for the metal parts.
      Another firm did a repair service, but after a few years the cracking was back.
      Yes, they're useless and I can't imagine ever having to use them...but they're stock to the car and I want them to be nice.

Heck, I'd even be happy with a vacuformed (i.e. cheap to tool and produce) cover to fit over the old ones just to get rid of the cracks.
      Price...$50 + or - (less for the vacuformed cover).
      63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I would buy a pair too.

Comment

I would like one set, possibly 2. core idea is fine, but i would like to re chrome and get same back. As to color, a single neutral (i.e. fawn) color would work and use vinyl dye from SI for other colors. Their vinyl dye worked quite well on 63 Avanti to hide repaired cracks. I would have re chromed the frame but was concerned with causing more damage to an already cracked visor. Also have 89 Avanti, visor is different. Ken, Deltaville, Va

Comment

I've heard that Sherwood Egbert disliked sun visors and was going to have the Avanti produced with no visors. The ones that made it into production were a compromise that he was willing to accept.
            Manuel J. Martinez
            Baton Rouge, LA

Comment

I can always use a set or two too.
              Bez Auto Alchemy
              573-318-8948
              http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Me too. I could use a couple sets too, and probably others would be interested in purchasing a set.
                Lew Schucart
                Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

If you don't take the initiative to repro them correctly why bother, nobody wants junk! How many CORES do you want?
                  Jim
                  I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Iwould buy a set mine are all cracked

Comment

Working...
                    X