Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello Northeast members!!!Please check in...we're praying for you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53commander
    replied
    I just want to extend my thanks to all who have offered help and to the thousands of people from all over the country who came to our aid. I was without power for 12 days and I'm thankful that thats all it was. I know it was/is a massive undertaking for the power compinies to get lines back up.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    This morning, we went to breakfast at a local firehouse. That company, and several other local companies, sent men (volunteers) and equipment to locations on Long Island. I know that Hughsonville (where we had breakfast) sent a heavy rescue truck to Massapequa (sp?).
    Last edited by studegary; 11-12-2012, 10:28 AM. Reason: remove extra r

Leave a comment:

• verrabakers
    replied
    P.S. To my knowledge all Verrazano Narrows Club members, their families, and their cars are ok.

Leave a comment:

• verrabakers
    replied
    Stude friends,
    my wife and I toured the South Beach Staten Island area tonight. What we saw rivals Japan's Tsunami a few years ago. You didn't see 1-2 blocks of destruction. What we saw was square miles of people's lives uprooted. Houses and cars in shambles, and people living in a frightening reality. The Red Cross, Fema, and the Army are giving food and temporary shelter. I know this is appreciated as is the money that people across our land are donating. But you need only look into their faces. . . the victims. The hurt and the fear is so deep. The best that you can give now are your prayers, it doesn't matter what faith you subscribe to.
    Joe Lipton

Leave a comment:

• jg61hawk
    replied
    I am back! In Monmouth County at the Shore. Lost power and some trees but I'm fine. My niece is several miles in towards the Raritan Bay. She is ok but the street she is on had houses that the water blew through and ripped the walls off.(not hers, she is at the top of the pitch of the road...elevated) I have never seen such destruction.

I want to say this to all the Stude people all over the country. We have seen people come up from all over the country and volunteer to do work. Lark Truck your Amish are here working for free and working like dogs doing all sorts of things. All I can say is I don't need anything, I have tried to help my friends who lost power, but the people who lost entire houses have the entire nation helping them....THANKS TO ALL OF YOU. We have Missippi, Michigan, Oklahoma, Florida, police and food distributers just here in my town. The State of NJ has so much help. I know I missed so many states who have sent people and supplies. The destruction is amazing and so is help. Thanks. Check this link...Sea Bright is my next town...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BiWZ7w_vhM
    Last edited by jg61hawk; 11-10-2012, 02:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jet Green Daytona
    replied
    I am not sure what I have to offer for anyone, but don't be afraid to ask me for something. Staten Island is with in my area as well. At the least I have a truck with a full tank of diesel if something needs to be picked up or moved.

If anyone has questions or needs help hooking up generators to your electrical panel, feel free to ask. I am not the foremost authority, but I know enough to do this properly and can find the answers to the questions I don't already know. The main thing if you are already running a generator through your electrical panel, make sure your main breaker is turned off, that is probably the most important thing to remember.

Todd

Leave a comment:

• bondobilly
    replied
    We were without power for four days. I have a generator, but since I have yet to be able to walk again without help we had some issues. THEN my neighbors took over. Each took turns to check gas and fuel up generator if needed, no matter what time in the night it was. When Ellen was at work they all came in to check in on me.

Our ambulance corps called me every four hours to make sure I had food and enough oxygen tanks. We lost half a tree and a lot of branches. We are going to tie the generator into our electrical panel once the parts can be found

Leave a comment:

• Jet Green Daytona
    replied
    I made it through the storm as well. I'm located at the very bottom of Middlesex county at the border to Mercer County. The damage to me personally was minimal, I cannot even call it damage. However I was with out power for 7 or 8 days, however you want to count it. The entire town I live in, was knocked out as far as power goes, but that is just like every other town here. I was lucky enough to get a generator on Wednesday of last week, so I had my own power. I was heating my house with a wood burning stove and using some candles and Coleman lanterns for light. I have to say it was a nice break not to hear any news for an entire week, all I was hearing was local news on the radio station. Unlike many other storms in my area, I did not get any flooding, that is a major plus for me. My neighbor Tommy S. another Studebaker owner made it through just fine. If you call it lucky, I didn't even miss a day at work including several double shifts, since my job is to maintain air conditioning to a data center for Bloomberg Business, it never shuts down. We were running generator power until today as the utility power was restored just today in South Brunswick.

Todd

Leave a comment:

• jts359
    replied
    Are you kidding , She was afraid the power was not going to stay on not so she slept in them again last night !

Leave a comment:

• LarkTruck
    replied
    Originally posted by jts359 View Post
    Hi , After 10 days we now have our power back on , I have never seen the Jersey shore take a hit like this one , Sandy was not happy with someone , We have ferris wheels and roller coasters that are now artifical reefs , Million dollar bridges that are now boat ramps into the Atlantic ocean , But we will bounch back , To all that sent notes Thank you , Ed & Laura Jones
    Ed, Glad you guys are on the way back, maybe Laura can take that long underwear off now! :-)
    J & J

Leave a comment:

• jts359
    replied
    Hi , After 10 days we now have our power back on , I have never seen the Jersey shore take a hit like this one , Sandy was not happy with someone , We have ferris wheels and roller coasters that are now artifical reefs , Million dollar bridges that are now boat ramps into the Atlantic ocean , But we will bounch back , To all that sent notes Thank you , Ed & Laura Jones

Leave a comment:

• 53commander
    replied
    Im in Western Central NJ. No power still here. Had a few trees down on the property but no damage to house. The road out has 10 poles down and another 12 a few roads over.

Leave a comment:

• 57pack
    replied
    Thank you for the thoughts and prayers!
    Checking in from Southern New Jersey, 30 miles west of Atlantic City NJ. We fared well, better than the coastal areas. We had trees down and flooding, three feet of water in my garage. Packard up on jack stands, tires got wet but, house dry thank God! Glad I listened to my builder back in 1991 to build house two courses of block higher !

Leave a comment:

• raoul5788
    replied
    Originally posted by jclary View Post
    Let's face it...many (most?) of us tend to look mainly at our world from horizon to horizon. Pretty much what we see is what we're concerned about. The magnitude of this weather event is hard to wrap your brain around. Last night, I saw a weather map that showed the circulation of this system affecting weather from Canada to Northern Alabama and here in North and South Carolina.

Here it is, still October, and just where I was riding a motorcycle last week with the temperature near eighty, there was 22 inches of snow. Barely a hundred miles from my house. Awesome!

I keep hearing the statement, "looks like a war zone"...well, I have been in war zones, have yet to see one that can come close to matching the destruction of the forces of nature!
    The northern fringe of the storm is in the Arctic Circle!

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    Let's face it...many (most?) of us tend to look mainly at our world from horizon to horizon. Pretty much what we see is what we're concerned about. The magnitude of this weather event is hard to wrap your brain around. Last night, I saw a weather map that showed the circulation of this system affecting weather from Canada to Northern Alabama and here in North and South Carolina.

Here it is, still October, and just where I was riding a motorcycle last week with the temperature near eighty, there was 22 inches of snow. Barely a hundred miles from my house. Awesome!

I keep hearing the statement, "looks like a war zone"...well, I have been in war zones, have yet to see one that can come close to matching the destruction of the forces of nature!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X