Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello Northeast members!!!Please check in...we're praying for you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stude friends,
    my wife and I toured the South Beach Staten Island area tonight. What we saw rivals Japan's Tsunami a few years ago. You didn't see 1-2 blocks of destruction. What we saw was square miles of people's lives uprooted. Houses and cars in shambles, and people living in a frightening reality. The Red Cross, Fema, and the Army are giving food and temporary shelter. I know this is appreciated as is the money that people across our land are donating. But you need only look into their faces. . . the victims. The hurt and the fear is so deep. The best that you can give now are your prayers, it doesn't matter what faith you subscribe to.
    Joe Lipton

Comment

P.S. To my knowledge all Verrazano Narrows Club members, their families, and their cars are ok.

Comment

This morning, we went to breakfast at a local firehouse. That company, and several other local companies, sent men (volunteers) and equipment to locations on Long Island. I know that Hughsonville (where we had breakfast) sent a heavy rescue truck to Massapequa (sp?).
        Last edited by studegary; 11-12-2012, 10:28 AM. Reason: remove extra r
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I just want to extend my thanks to all who have offered help and to the thousands of people from all over the country who came to our aid. I was without power for 12 days and I'm thankful that thats all it was. I know it was/is a massive undertaking for the power compinies to get lines back up.

Comment

Working...
          X