Be Aware.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be Aware.

I am the guy looking for 61 Lark door panels. They are almost non existant here in the US but for some "reason" they are available in the United Kingdom!!
    Just a note to tell members to be careful dealing with answers to "parts wanted" ads from the UK. I have already received answers to my part wanted ad. One guy said he had them. He was from Blackpool, UK and had a Nigerian moble phone number. Somehow he could not send pictures' so I turned him down. Later on I received more answers, from the UK, with people who had the same part...Thought you all would want to know.
    David G. Nittler

Originally posted by drnittler View Post
    I am the guy looking for 61 Lark door panels. They are almost non existant here in the US but for some "reason" they are available in the United Kingdom!!
    Just a note to tell members to be careful dealing with answers to "parts wanted" ads from the UK. I have already received answers to my part wanted ad. One guy said he had them. He was from Blackpool, UK and had a Nigerian moble phone number. Somehow he could not send pictures' so I turned him down. Later on I received more answers, from the UK, with people who had the same part...Thought you all would want to know.
    Did you try Will Sanders in Colorado?

Bo
    Bo

Comment

This is a pretty common scam. Beware!
      Clark in San Diego
      '63 Standard (F2) "Barney"
      http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I hadn't seen it before, but a wanted posting on another forum brought two of these scammers from GB onto me. "I've got it, in perfect condition (at half of everyone else's price)! Just give me your shipping and bank info"

Yeah right.
        sigpic
        JohnP, driving & reviving
        60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

I did and he did not have them.
          David G. Nittler

Comment

Come on, we all know how well Studebakers sold in the UK...and how many SDC members there are there....Sarcasm....
            63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Working...
            X