Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Nice truck - lucky kid. Put some seat belts in it - for your sake as much as his.

Leave a comment:

• aarrggh
    replied
    I like that air cleaner too ....

Leave a comment:

• 52-fan
    replied
    Really nice truck for a starter. The engine is surely from a car, but will be fine. You can add the truck bits to straighten the radiator hose and the like. The intakes on the air cleaner housing are interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Skip Lackie
    replied
    Here's a table that will allow you to identify the year and size of your engine. See the picture at the bottom of the table to see where the engine serial number is located.

http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/V8EngineID.asp

BTW, you have the controls for the heater, but not the heater box, blower fan, and associated hardware. It fits over that rectangular hole in the dash "'shelf".

Leave a comment:

• 63 R2 Hawk
    replied
    Very nice truck! I see lots of opportunity some father/son bonding time....

Leave a comment:

• Alan
    replied
    Also, the water pump manifold and outlet look like passenger car parts too.

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    To: Sledgehammer,----WOW!...does that truck look nice....even the color is 'right'! It may have a later Stude V8.....(I'm going by the rocker arm covers and low 2bbl manifold and oil fill pipe...'61-'62?)....Good luck with this nice truck!

Leave a comment:

• Chris Pile
    replied
    Great looking truck! I hope he drives many happy miles in it.

Leave a comment:

• Sledgehammer
    started a topic New Studebaker Owner...

New Studebaker Owner...

I was finally able to get my son his first truck (or car for that matter). It's the 1956 Studebaker Transtar like he wanted. I was finally able to purchase it, ship it and finally get it home. It's a really nice old truck. V8 (size?) 3 speed Overdrive, even has a AM radio and one of those old FM add on units.

Needs a lot of maintenance, repairs and work, but it runs and drives and it pretty solid. He is happier than heck.

that engine compartment is a mess..

but still has the plastic dash cap.....pretty neat. I haven't seen one of those on any of the trucks I have seen except this one.

Working...
X