Coming soon to a theater near you....58 Packard hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming soon to a theater near you....58 Packard hawk

Here are a few pictures of a 58 Packard that I will be putting on e-bay in a day or two, 95% of every thing is there and all needs to restored,power seat, power windows, and all the other original things for the Packard hawk tinted glass all around, this is a project but the Packard hawks are project that need to be saved who wants it???? speak up before e-bay.

Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Do you have the fins? How is the floors? How much? PM me please.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Photo of the serial number plate, please?

bezhawk, one look at the trunk lid tells you what you'll find on the floors. There be a welding project in that there Hawk. According to another post, he's sending a Stude Hawk to China that has a set of fins.

Jeez, I'd love to jump on it but I've got to remain disciplined and finish the one I'm working on before I buy another or the Korean Connection (what I fondly refer to my wife, Kwang Cha) will cut me from stem to stern.

Please don't part it out. There are too few of those as it is and that one is restorable. There has got to be someone on here with the cajones to take that on as a project.
      Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
      Kenmore, Washington
      hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
      '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
      '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
      '69 Pontiac Firebird
      (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
        Do you have the fins? How is the floors? How much? PM me please.
        The fins did not come with it, and at this time I have n extra ones, the floors and trunk are not bad, the trunk lid is the worst part but still a fixable one., I will PM you the price also to any one else that asks, it is low and want some else to take over and do the job it needs, supercharger is in the trunk along with the power steering bump.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Originally posted by hausdok View Post
          Photo of the serial number plate, please?

bezhawk, one look at the trunk lid tells you what you'll find on the floors. There be a welding project in that there Hawk. According to another post, he's sending a Stude Hawk to China that has a set of fins.

Jeez, I'd love to jump on it but I've got to remain disciplined and finish the one I'm working on before I buy another or the Korean Connection (what I fondly refer to my wife, Kwang Cha) will cut me from stem to stern.

Please don't part it out. There are too few of those as it is and that one is restorable. There has got to be someone on here with the cajones to take that on as a project.
          Mike right now where it sits I can not open the door enough to get a picture but will when I get ready to e-bay or move it on. the trunk lid is the worst part the floors are ok, the 60 hawk that ended up going to China had the fins removed and my body man has them as he does custom work and they come in handy for some of his projects, beside the 59-61's are cut different on the front end but one could always alter that to fit if needed., what went to China was nothing worth saving when I got done removing the good parts, big surprise was the standard bore full flow replacement engine a 289 at that.
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

I kinda like the looks of it without the front bumper ends.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Total restoraton will be mighty expensive. This better be something that's been wanted for a long time. Now that mine's nearly finished even I can't beleive the money it takes to do it right. However, I think if I had it to do over again, I would
              sigpic

Packardbakerly,
              J.D.

Comment

I kinda like the looks of it without the front bumper ends.
                Agree, that one is perfect for a mild custom; can you see it without fins, outer bumpers, painted headlight rims, remove the parking lights maybe even a '53-55 deck lid without the toilet seat. Build the engine/tranny to R2 Powershift specs and we've got ourselves a '64 Packard Hawk.

jack vines
                PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
                  Agree, that one is perfect for a mild custom; can you see it without fins, outer bumpers, painted headlight rims, remove the parking lights maybe even a '53-55 deck lid without the toilet seat. Build the engine/tranny to R2 Powershift specs and we've got ourselves a '64 Packard Hawk.

jack vines
                  That sounds like a great idea to me. You could save a lot more money by not replacing the leather seats. Just use later Hawk seats or seats from something else.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

To my surprise the person that owes me money on this car and has been no answering my e-mails and pushed me into posting it for sale has sent me the money he owed me so as of right now the car is not for sale, funny who things work out some times.
                    Candbstudebakers
                    Castro Valley,
                    California

Comment

That would be a nice second Hawk for Brian Greenall, would be good to have another one in Australia.

Saw one last year in Fremantle, but Brian said it's not authentic and to wait and see his which I look forward to at the next meet in Pokolbin next Easter.
                      John Clements
                      Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Thanks for the encourgement John but I have my hands full as it is, my shipment from the South Bend meet is due next week and I have a few interesting items in that box as well as two leaving out of L.A already, we don't want to flood the market with PH's now do we. I knew he would come through with the money, like I said in a previous thread.
                        Brian Greenall
                        Melbourne, OZ
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by packardHawk58 View Post
                          Thanks for the encourgement John but I have my hands full as it is, my shipment from the South Bend meet is due next week and I have a few interesting items in that box as well as two leaving out of L.A already, we don't want to flood the market with PH's now do we. I knew he would come through with the money, like I said in a previous thread.
                          Brian, not saying names but this car will be coming to Australia now but I don't thinks anyone will ever see it again once it gets there, I think he has a big hole and every thing goes in to that hole to never be seen again.
                          Candbstudebakers
                          Castro Valley,
                          California

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                            Brian, not saying names but this car will be coming to Australia now but I don't thinks anyone will ever see it again once it gets there, I think he has a big hole and every thing goes in to that hole to never be seen again.
                            Don't worry Bob I have another one to fill the hole coming next week for him.
                            Brian Greenall
                            Melbourne, OZ
                            sigpic

Comment

Nice to hear from you Brian, was hoping Bob wasn't referring to you. Looking forward to seeing the PH (yours) one day if not next year at the meet. Regards

John
                              John Clements
                              Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Working...
                              X