No valve cover racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No valve cover racing

I'm bummed out I found out that they won't have valve cover racing again this year! It's too far to drive a Stude, but I want to participate somehow, instead of just watching & drooling on the cars & trucks.
    Hopefully the meet committee will strive to have them in 2014.

I think its more an issue of transporting the track itself.
    Why don't you build one and take it out there?
    Or search out a car club near the host site and see if you can borrow it?
    I wouldn't give up that easy....
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Doesn't Al Meeker have the one they used in Cedar Rapids? If he has access to it he certainly has a vehicle long enough to haul it.<G>
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

That one was owned by the AMC club, I think. Al said it was for sale last year and he was going to see if the SDC wanted to purchase it. As stated above... moving & storing it is a bit of a problem. I thought they were going to see if the museum could store it in a corner somewhere & when they haul a car to the IMs, they could stash it in their trailer.... guess that never happened... And now I have two racers ready to go & no where to run them.

Comment

I just happen to know a guy who is just now moving to a little town real nearby Colorado Springs, who loves valve cover racing, and would be willing to build a track, at his own expense. All we need is a place to set up for a few hours. Organizers?

Comment

Contact Tiger Tom on this forum. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...6715-Tiger-Tom
            See if the host committee wants him to haul a VCR track to the meet.
            "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

I can still get mine packed!!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X