No announcement yet.

Lark spotted on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's why I drive the '63 just about everywhere. It's fun to give people a free show.

That 61 is nice. Of all the Larks, I think 61 was one of my least favorite years, but in that condition, it's a good looking little car for sure.
    '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

That's a good looking '61. Just look at the attention that car generated on this site. That's why I'm a strong proponent of driving our Studebakers as much as possible. It's good for the public to see our cars. Sometimes our cars stir up memories and sometimes people people have never seen a Stude and are fascinated by our cars.
      Rog
      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      Smithtown,NY
      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

It's interesting how the different styles attract different opinions. My first car was a 60 Lark, but not because of that, I still prefer the 59-61 single headlight front ends. I can't say why, but the 62-63 dual headlights turn me off[sic]! I don't mind the 64-66 styling changes, but the taillights on those wagons always struck me as wrong, somehow.

Comment

Aside from esthetics, what were the differences in the 2 door sedan and hardtop coupes interiors?

Comment

All of the '61 Lark two door sedans were of the Deluxe variety and all of the two door hardtops were of the Regal variety. The level of trim was a step up on the Regals.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
              It was a Tennessee plate. No idea what was under the hood, but he was cruising at 70 when I took the picture. I'd think a stock six would have a tough time maintaining that.

I've never really paid much attention to early Larks, but that little two door looked great going down the highway. I love the roofline. It's a total oddball even amongst Studes.
              I love the '61 Lark roofline, too. I often wished they kept the same rear window for '62.

Comment

I owned a 1961 Lark DeLuxe two door sedan in that same color for about nine years. It was a 259 V8 and standard transmission. It looked like the pictured car, except for the wheels. I never put dual exhaust on mine. I sold it with about 56K miles on it and lost track of it.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                X