Production Order Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Production Order Help

That is simply the code for your interior upholstery Blue Cloth.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by txthundar View Post
      I am very interested in what line 14 means, as they did say it was the interior codes.

64VY9 4219 8 CYL 4 DR CRUISER
      13 P 6413 STRATO BLUE
      14 825 BC
      I believe it would stand for 'Blue Cloth', meaning the seats will have the combination vinyl with the cloth material that has thin silver threads in it. If it actually has the broadcloth interior option, the build sheet will often state that.

Craig

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Daren.
        I waited too long to procure my production orders but, you will no doubt find the shop manuals and parts catalogs to be of much greater benefit.
        At the risk of being repetitive, I highly recommend this article to anyone bringing a Studebaker, or any vehicle for that matter, back to road worthiness.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Nice to meet another '64 Cruiser owner. Welcome!
          Sue

Comment

Thanks for the info. Rochn320 I will be ordering a shop manual and parts catalog soon, and reading up on that article. I have a lot of work ahead for sure. My first big task is going to be making the trip to get the car from my uncle shop. It is not running so I will be driving up and hauling it back, which means a 30 hour round trip, so I need to get some time off work. I am also trying to figure out how to arrange my garage to get working room.

Comment

Working...
            X