Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your winter project going to be ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your winter project going to be ????

What are you all going to tackle as a winter project on your Studebaker? I was just curious, as it is hard to get excited about a winter project when the high temp has been hovering around 90 degrees. But I need the inspiration.

After I finish repairing the shop doors (behind "The Saturday Night Special"), my winter project is in the foreground. (maybe Spring too!)

Comment

In a perfect world....
      I have a 1:18 scale model of the '53 prototype I've been working on that will probably take me all winter to finish. I'd like to start working on a chassis for the prototype, the "Lawn Lark" racing tractor needs a paint job, and I have a 1967 John Deere 110 that I really need to finish.
      ...And those are just the projects for fun.
      Chris Dresbach

Comment

I've got my '53 jacked up on the driver's side, (on jack stands) all the parts for installing the hill holder. Can't seem to get started.....

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	The Garage.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	1675851

Getting totally moved to Virginia and getting this 42x42 garage straightened out so I can walk to work for a change. Right across the drive way.
          Last edited by Avantidon; 10-24-2012, 05:44 AM.
          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Winter '12-'13

Get R4912 roadworthy.
            Attached Files
            sigpic

Comment

I guess I can take a pick of many or try and get something done on all at least a little but when you start getting older and things slow down it makes it a little harder so getting anything done each day is considered great. 64-66 Daytona hard top, finish the 62 custom, get the 53 custom back on the road also the 63 R-1 standard, and just keep the R-2 super hawk and the 67 Avanti going, then if time allows maybe some time on the 87, my 24 hour days now seam like they are 8 hours long.
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

My wintertime project will be what I call SCDB (second car dashboard).I scored a near mint dash with instruments and radio at a swap meet a few years back.The goal will be to freshen up the instrument panel and tie in an all new wiring harness with all new fuses, bulbs and breakers.Then paint the dash black to match Sarah's interior.I actually have room to work in my basement now!I plan on just chipping away at this a few hours at a time to make sure I get things right.When it starts to get on my nerves I'll leave it alone for awhile.We'll see.......

Comment

Here's one that I picked up 3 and a half years ago that I finally hope to start on this winter. It only needs the driverside floor replaced, a new wiring harness installed, front end rebuilt, brakes, the hood painted and an engine swap. Good thing winters are 9 months long in Minnesota.

Name:	60 Lark Convertible 001.jpg
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	1675854

Comment

Electric fan. Electric fuel pump. Electric wipers. Rebuild posi. Homemade console. See if my painter can fix a problem on the hood.
                    I think that's about it.

Comment

Mine will be wiring my 53 when it gets back from paint. I figure that should take a weekend. Or 50 weekends. Probably somewhere in between.
                      Dave Nevin
                      Corvallis, OR
                      1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
                      Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

An engine swap on my 57 Champion!!! Been waiting three years.
                        1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Well, maybe more of a fall project if I can get it done early -- I will be working on replacing all the interior fabric, outside of the seats and headliner. So basically all the interior panels recovered, plus carpet install. Other than that, keep cleaning and polishing interior chrome pieces. Once done with all that, my "reward" will be a recast steering wheel!
                          sigpic

1950 Commander Starlight Coupe
                          Regal Deluxe Trim
                          Automatic transmission
                          46k original miles, 4th Owner

Comment

Name:	IMG_3630.jpg
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	1675858Frannie missed the 2012 IDYSD (and 2011, 2010, 2009 & 2008) but maybe she'll be able to make the 2013 IDYSD.......? And Henrietta Hawk needs a hydrovac transplant after I figure out how to tackle the alternator issue.......

Comment

Prepping up a new engine for the '61 Lark, it greeted me with a rod knock last week.....
                              Dylan Wills
                              Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                              1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                              1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                              1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Working...
                              X