A bit of help + info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit of help + info needed

I accidently ran over a pylon with heavy bolts cemented in the top,the result was a broken right manifold,that I have a spare & gaskets for. I need the torque specs manifold to block to put back on.
    The bolts punched a hole in the oil pan & I was wondering if someone had 1 they could sell & mail to my US address,I believe all V/8 were same.
    I may be able to tig it but would prefer a good used
    PS motor is a 63-289 ci
    Thanks in advance for your help.

Here's a link for the torque specs:

http://www.raylinrestoration.com/Tec...que/Torque.htm

Sorry I can't help you on the oil pan.
    Dave Nevin
    Corvallis, OR
    1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
    Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

I believe C/K oil pans were different than sedan oil pans; at least mine is. Shouldn't make a difference if it is 232, 224, 259 or 289 but, body style might.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Better check that. The 289 has a longer stroke and the pan might be deeper than a 224 or 259 pan. The chassis parts books will have the answer.

I replaced a 51 Rambler engine with a 55 rambler engine back in the cay. The longer stroke 55 rods hit the 51 pan. It sure was weird watching the bottom of that pan vibrate.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

To: kmul221,-----I believe all '56-'64 V8 oil pans are the same......Except R engine types (Avanti)....and '56 Golden Hawk, of course!

Comment

They are all the same pan except the 56 Packard and the 6 Qt, used in 1955 and the R series. I have lots.
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

Canbdstudebakers check your PM re oil-pan,please PM me with reply

Comment

Working...
              X