A Different Stude Restomod - AWD Hemistude 55 President/2009 Charger Melding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nox View Post
    To SN-60: Thanx, it's always nice to get answer to a question! ...So why would anyone (probably) pay more for a President if a Commander is the same exept the color?
    One major thing (for the first part of the model year) - Commanders came with a 224 V8 and Presidents came with a 259 V8.
    Presidents had a nicer interior than Commanders.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Well, late 55 Commanders also had the 259. Commander was a 2 bbl, single exhaust (Bearcat),while President was 4bbl dual exhaust (Passmaster). Other than that it's a trim level K5 to K7.
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

To: Nox,------I believe that a this point in time if it's a '55 You want the condition of the car (body) itself would take precedence over whether it's a Commander or a President. I guess the ideal is to
        buy the best car You can afford. (Unless Your set on a specific model like, for example, a President Speedster, which You'd evaluate on a car-by-car basis.) There still seems to be plenty of Studes for sale!

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
          To: Nox,------I believe that a this point in time if it's a '55 You want the condition of the car (body) itself would take precedence over whether it's a Commander or a President. I guess the ideal is to
          buy the best car You can afford. (Unless Your set on a specific model like, for example, a President Speedster, which You'd evaluate on a car-by-car basis.) There still seems to be plenty of Studes for sale!
          I agree. Especially if (generic) you are going to modify said 1955 2 door from stock..........and, I'm not referring to hidden/safety upgrades like Turner's disc brakes, modern power steering (if/when the kit to the Chevy Astro van gear is available), three point seatbelts, 700R4 AT, fuel injection, electronic ignition, etc.
          --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I just thought that even the interior in the President looked like any Commander-interior with Regal steering-wheel chrome-ring, so what's the inside different then?
            It looked like a Regal-trimmed car, but maby that was standard on the President?

Comment

Looks like it might need a hood scoop to fit that engine underneath.

Comment

I wonder why they cut out so much of the tunnel and rear floor? Seems like most of it would have fit without so much removal. It is easy to envy working with clean metal and all the right tools!

Tom
                '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Yeah, cutting to much is easy...
                  Many people told me that I had to do something to fit the Mopar 904 under the tunnel so I cut a slot on the top from front to back & then had to weld it close again 'cause it DID fit...

Comment

Working...
                  X