At the Hardware store and.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At the Hardware store and.....

I came out to find someone looking at my car. He had walked away by the time I got there. As I was pulling out he stopped me to talk. He said "Ya know, when that car came out I thought it was the ugliest thing I'd ever seen. Now it's the most beautiful car on the road, looks kinda futuristic, even for today.

How many others are 50 years too late to have bought a car and kept Studie in business?
    My first car on the road again!

The old girl has never been sold to the public
    Grandpa was a Studie dealer. He got it off the car carrier in 1956 and drove it until 1959
    My dad: 1959-70

sigpic

Me: Since 1970 and counting!

Hey Kirk,

Just to keep it on track for never being sold, you may feel free to give it to me. yup, that'll work.

That is absolutely my life dream car.

We have very similar stories. My signature pic is of the car the brought me home from birth more than 62 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by BobGlasscock View Post
      Hey Kirk,

Just to keep it on track for never being sold, you may feel free to give it to me. yup, that'll work.

That is absolutely my life dream car.

We have very similar stories. My signature pic is of the car the brought me home from birth more than 62 years ago.
      Bob, interestingly, you have the next car I want. I love the bullet nose!! It is such a statement and in my view, a beautiful car. Congrats on hanging on to her. I bet she drives like a dream and turns heads everywhere.
      My first car on the road again!

The old girl has never been sold to the public
      Grandpa was a Studie dealer. He got it off the car carrier in 1956 and drove it until 1959
      My dad: 1959-70

sigpic

Me: Since 1970 and counting!

Comment

I was driving my Hawk yesterday and a young (by my standard, anyway) guy came over and was literally awestruck, couldn't believe anybody even made a car like that. He asked me what year it was and when I told him it was a '63, he was amazed, that was the year he was born. Said he might consider buying one.......

Comment

A friend from church saw my '53 coupe and couldn't believe it was a 1953... "way too sleek for that time", he said.

Comment

I was at a car show today, and a man walked up to look at my truck. Said he had a1953 coupe back in the day. Said the only thing wrong with the car was it was way ahead of its time. Made me think of this post!
            Randy Wilkin
            1946 M5 Streetrod
            Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Haven't been to a car show with my 50 yet, but just driving around the neighborhood I see lots of smiles and thumbs-up from young and old!
              sigpic

1950 Commander Starlight Coupe
              Regal Deluxe Trim
              Automatic transmission
              46k original miles, 4th Owner

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Mute View Post
                A friend from church saw my '53 coupe and couldn't believe it was a 1953... "way too sleek for that time", he said.
                I draw a lot of attention when I drive the '64 Avanti. I get a big kick from telling the lookers that it is a 50-year old design and that the car was built 49 years ago. Most say it is way too contemporary to be that old.
                Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Paul, I don't know if you are aware of who Kirkdob here is, but if you remember back in the days you live in the bay area he was one of the so called big four of the Sequoia chapter, and by big four I mean he was one of the 4 teenagers in our chapter at that time we really had 6 but these four hung together a lot, remember Chuck Gibbs, Steve Kaiser, Fred Nelson, and this one Kirk Dobson, he also was riding with Chuck when the 63 Super lark came to it's end. He is now back in the club and using his 57 family owned Golden hawk with pride and one very nice car, hang in there Kirk.
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

Originally posted by deco_droid View Post
                    Haven't been to a car show with my 50 yet, but just driving around the neighborhood I see lots of smiles and thumbs-up from young and old!
                    When you do show it,better bring some towels to wipe off the drools from admirers!!! Truly beautiful car!
                    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Working...
                    X