• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedster - Would You Do This To One?

http://bringatrailer.com/2012/10/16/...dent-speedster
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Pricey,but it'ss not hard to see where the money has been spent.It appears stock except for the steering wheel.If I were a little more flushed I would take a closer

look as I really like the idea of no more Studebaker oil & trans. leaks & mechanical reliability is also a plus.

Now if I could sneak it past the wife.

All in all a lovely automobile

Comment

There was one (darker colors though) at the IM in SB, that the owner (I've forgotten his name) was really happy with. It was a beautiful installation of an LS engine and trans.

I'm not a stock at any cost guy so this is the one I'd choose to own for all the practical reasons.

The best of both worlds.

Bob

Comment

Very nicely done and one couldn't pay a professional to buy and build a Speedster to that standard for less. The extra bling of the Speedster trim isn't to everyone's taste. Might bring more if it were just a '53-54 K body. Whether it will sell for the BIN will be interesting to watch.

jack vines
        PackardV8

Comment

NO, I WOULD NOT DO THAT!! I have always thought those fog lights were UGLY!! That was what you were talking about? Seriously, If that car was a nice complete car to begin with, I would have never. Course, I am not a "stick a bowtie in it" guy anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post

The best of both worlds.
            Amen, brother!!!
            ~Matt Connor
            '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

My Speedster looks stock but is powered by a 95 LT1auto o/d.
              Klif
              55 Speedster/Street Machine
              63 Avanti R2
              64 Convertible R1

Comment

Here is the link to the same Speedster on E-Bay
                http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AMAZING-ROSE-PEWTER-RESTORATION-PS-PB-PW-TILT-AIR-LS1-RESTO-MOD-MUST-SEE-/280988870905?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item416c3de8f9

Comment

Interesting web-site. Enjoyed the comments about other Studebakers listed.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
                    NO, I WOULD NOT DO THAT!! I have always thought those fog lights were UGLY!! That was what you were talking about? Seriously, If that car was a nice complete car to begin with, I would have never. Course, I am not a "stick a bowtie in it" guy anyway.
                    I have always thought that those foglights were awesome. If I could afford em, i'd figure out a way to put them on my 65. lol. or on to my uncles 60 wagon.
                    1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

That's a beautiful car and looks to be well done. While 60K may sound pricey, you could not have it built for that. I agree it need a more period correct steering wheel. You can get a great looking one that will fit on that modern steering column for a mere $2500.

I likeee....
                      Jon Stalnaker
                      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

I think this President Speedster is beautiful. I would like to get a better look at how the new subframe was grafted onto the original Studebaker frame.

Comment

The black and white LS1 powered Speedster at the International Meet belongs to Ervin and Robyn Souder from Enderby, British Columbia. We parked together a couple times during the week. It was also mostly original outside and modern underneath. Very nicely done. On his contact card there is a picture of the car towing a vintage travel trailer. A very sweet combination. This one seems quite similar, also a great cruiser.
                          Pat Dilling
                          Olivehurst, CA
                          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Yes, I would.
                            But I would remove the following items... roof halo, all side moldings, trunk lift handle and lock, back up lights, outside review mirrors, radio antenna, front fender ornaments, hood ornament, fog lights, bumper guards.
                            I would also replace the wheels and tires with big-n-littles and rings-n-caps.
                            I would then give all the removed stuff to that guy in Tennessee with all those Speedster serial number plates and K7 body tags to do with whatever he's been saving them for.
                            Jerry Forrester
                            Forrester's Chrome
                            Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

It appears to be beautifully done.

In Ontario, Canada, if one updates to a newer engine, one has to have all of the pollution control equipment particular to that engine year attached and functional. The new law has caused all finds of grief to rodders, and has thinned out the car shows since police have sometimes picked people up after the show as soon as it is driven.

I see there is an additional frame support bolted on the flat bottom at the front.

Comment

Working...
                              X