Can You Ever Have Too Many Avantis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can You Ever Have Too Many Avantis?

Purchased a 1985 Avanti today...just what I need, Avanti #4,.... but it seemed like a good deal to Me so that's that. I'll post some pix of it when I bring it home next weekend.

Good for you! Every Avanti deserves a good home.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

4 Avantis isn't too many compired to Jon Myer, he has 11 or is it 12? cheaper by the dozen.

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
        Purchased a 1985 Avanti today...just what I need, Avanti #4,.... but it seemed like a good deal to Me so that's that. I'll post some pix of it when I bring it home next weekend.
        Well!!! It certainly didn't happen without pictures but it's certainly not too many.

However, I "THINK" you should check the back up lights.

Bob

Comment

SN-60 I look at it this way, the more the merrier. My goal has always been to have one from three decades meaning 60's 70's and 80's. I will soon be there and then the only other one I'd like to have is a 63/64 R-1 to go with my R-2. That is also a possibility in the near future. My new garage has room for 8 cars and adding these two gets me closer to a full house.
          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

I'm bringing home a 1985 Avanti tomorrow. Quite sure '85 was a very low production year (of course with Avanti's it can be said EVERY year was low production). But anyway, would anyone out there
            happen to know how many Avantis were assembled in 1985? Thanks!

Comment

At one time I had 2 63's and 1 64 Avanti. I said it was like boobs. One is not enough and 3 was too many.

Denny L

Comment

To: Green 53,----HA! HA! HA!...FUNNY!

Comment

The answer I think would be no..... You can't ever have too much of a good thing.
                  1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                    I'm bringing home a 1985 Avanti tomorrow. Quite sure '85 was a very low production year (of course with Avanti's it can be said EVERY year was low production). But anyway, would anyone out there
                    happen to know how many Avantis were assembled in 1985? Thanks!
                    www.Theavanti.net says 100
                    John Hull in his book says 99....96 in the RQB series and 3 in the RQC series.

Good job on giving another one a good home.
                    63 Avanti R1 2788
                    1914 Stutz Bearcat
                    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

SN-60 Ed, I didn't HAPPEN to know how many Avantis were made in '85, so I looked it up in one of John Hull's books. He says 99. 96 were RQB's and 3 were RQC's.

Hope that helps.
                      Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
                      61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
                      Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
                      Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

To: JBOYLE and STEWDI,-----Thanks for responding to My question....I thought the figure would be quite low. She's sitting in My driveway right now, and I'll post some pix later tonight. Thanks Again!!

Comment

The '85s were in a sense the end of the line...the last Avantis to use the Studebaker frame. All cars following that were on a GM platform.
                          Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

85 was not a good year for the Avanti as Company Owner Steve Blake changed his paint and all of the cars had to be repainted as they the paint could be pulled from the cars in sheet form since it did nit adhere to the car. This what caused the bankruptcy of the vomapany and the eventual purchase by infMOUS Mr. KellEy.
                            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Here's My new baby!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X