X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by rbruner View Post
    All kidding aside, I sincerely wish for you in Buffalo, NY that you really do own RFK's Avanti. We would all be envious!
    Not all of us.

Leave a comment:

• JBOYLE
    replied
    At the risk of being too nosey...what leads you to think it's THE RFK's?

Jimmy Hoffa's scalp or Marilyn Monroe's panties in the glovebox?

Seriously, if you contact the JFK museum, they might be able to point you in the right direction.

Leave a comment:

• rbruner
    replied
    All kidding aside, I sincerely wish for you in Buffalo, NY that you really do own RFK's Avanti. We would all be envious!

Leave a comment:

• Guster
    replied
    Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when George this he was buy Jon Voight (the Actor) car but it was John Voight the local dentist.

Leave a comment:

• BobGlasscock
    replied
    Originally posted by dnevin View Post
    That sounds like a bad joke ready to happen: "A priest, a realtor and a tour guide walk into a bar. . ."
    the Studebaker driver ducked.

Leave a comment:

• JBOYLE
    replied
    So does he end every conversation with "Remember to spay or neuter Ulysses S. Grant"?

Leave a comment:

• rbruner
    replied
    I had the same thought after I posted it By the way, Barker's real name is Robert E. Lee Barker. The joke becomes even more elaborate.

Leave a comment:

• dnevin
    replied
    Originally posted by rbruner View Post
    Just had dinner with Bobby Kennedy, Bob Hope & Bob Barker. One is a realtor, Hope is a priest, & Barker is a tour guide!
    That sounds like a bad joke ready to happen: "A priest, a realtor and a tour guide walk into a bar. . ."

Leave a comment:

• rbruner
    replied
    Just had dinner with Bobby Kennedy, Bob Hope & Bob Barker. One is a realtor, Hope is a priest, & Barker is a tour guide!

Leave a comment:

• JBOYLE
    replied
    Originally posted by plwindish View Post
    Didn't hear about Robert Kennedy ever owning an Avanti, but brother Ted could have used a Weasel in 1969.

No excuse for not owning one...there are plenty of weasels in Washington.

Leave a comment:

• Gunslinger
    replied
    OMG!!! I about busted a gut on that! A Weasel! That's dark humor, but so true!

Leave a comment:

• plwindish
    replied
    Didn't hear about Robert Kennedy ever owning an Avanti, but brother Ted could have used a Weasel in 1969.

Leave a comment:

• toymobile
    replied
    Jessie J., I have a Robert Kennedy next door to me in N. FL. I can ask where he is from if you would like.???
    Johnny

Leave a comment:

• Jet Green Daytona
    replied
    Originally posted by Jessie J. View Post
    There were (and are) a lot of 'Robert Kennedy's'. I know because I have been seeking the wherabouts of an old friend 'Robert Kennedy' for years.
    It is entirely possible that -a- 'Robert Kennedy', not the famous one, once owned this Avanti.
    Indeed Jessie, it is no doubt a common name. I worked with a Robert Kennedy about 20 years ago. This Robert Kennedy was proud of his Toyota T100 truck that he owned at the time.

Leave a comment:

• epb
    replied
    Originally posted by qsanford View Post
    I think the Kennedy family had Chicago ties. I believe they owned the Merchandise Mart at one point.
    I believe they still do. William Kennedy Smith was sent here to manage the family's Chicago interests after the rape scandal and his office was/is there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X