1963 Avanti owned by Robert Kennedy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jessie J. View Post
    There were (and are) a lot of 'Robert Kennedy's'. I know because I have been seeking the wherabouts of an old friend 'Robert Kennedy' for years.
    It is entirely possible that -a- 'Robert Kennedy', not the famous one, once owned this Avanti.
    Indeed Jessie, it is no doubt a common name. I worked with a Robert Kennedy about 20 years ago. This Robert Kennedy was proud of his Toyota T100 truck that he owned at the time.

Comment

Jessie J., I have a Robert Kennedy next door to me in N. FL. I can ask where he is from if you would like.???
      Johnny

Comment

Didn't hear about Robert Kennedy ever owning an Avanti, but brother Ted could have used a Weasel in 1969.
        sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

OMG!!! I about busted a gut on that! A Weasel! That's dark humor, but so true!
          Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Originally posted by plwindish View Post
            Didn't hear about Robert Kennedy ever owning an Avanti, but brother Ted could have used a Weasel in 1969.

No excuse for not owning one...there are plenty of weasels in Washington.
            63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Just had dinner with Bobby Kennedy, Bob Hope & Bob Barker. One is a realtor, Hope is a priest, & Barker is a tour guide!

Comment

Originally posted by rbruner View Post
                Just had dinner with Bobby Kennedy, Bob Hope & Bob Barker. One is a realtor, Hope is a priest, & Barker is a tour guide!
                That sounds like a bad joke ready to happen: "A priest, a realtor and a tour guide walk into a bar. . ."
                Dave Nevin
                Corvallis, OR
                1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
                Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

I had the same thought after I posted it By the way, Barker's real name is Robert E. Lee Barker. The joke becomes even more elaborate.

Comment

So does he end every conversation with "Remember to spay or neuter Ulysses S. Grant"?
                    63 Avanti R1 2788
                    1914 Stutz Bearcat
                    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Originally posted by dnevin View Post
                      That sounds like a bad joke ready to happen: "A priest, a realtor and a tour guide walk into a bar. . ."
                      the Studebaker driver ducked.

Comment

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when George this he was buy Jon Voight (the Actor) car but it was John Voight the local dentist.

Comment

All kidding aside, I sincerely wish for you in Buffalo, NY that you really do own RFK's Avanti. We would all be envious!

Comment

At the risk of being too nosey...what leads you to think it's THE RFK's?

Jimmy Hoffa's scalp or Marilyn Monroe's panties in the glovebox?

Seriously, if you contact the JFK museum, they might be able to point you in the right direction.
                            63 Avanti R1 2788
                            1914 Stutz Bearcat
                            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Originally posted by rbruner View Post
                              All kidding aside, I sincerely wish for you in Buffalo, NY that you really do own RFK's Avanti. We would all be envious!
                              Not all of us.
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                              X