November 2012 issue of Hemmings Motor News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 2012 issue of Hemmings Motor News

Pardon me if someone else has already posted about this topic. In the latest issue of HMN, the Avanti is the subject of "Driver's Guide", a monthly feature in the magazine. At least two well known Studebaker people are quoted in the article- Don Jones, International Avanti Vice President and Bob Palma, Tech Advisor for 'Turning Wheels'.

The article is for anyone who is a Studebaker nut and it covers 5 whole pages. A number of photos and charts make it a worthwhile read. I found it to be informative with my limited knowledge of the Avanti.

Frank Drumheller
    Locust Grove, VA
    60S-W6
    M16-52 1948 Boyer-bodied fire truck

Uh-oh. I haven't seen it yet, and don't remember any contribution. Thanks for the warning, Frank. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Frank, I haven't seen this one yet. Was it written by Mark McCourt? If it was it was in Hemmings Classic Cars several years ago. I will see him in hershey tomorrow when we source parts and have fun.
      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

"Bob Palma, technical editor for the Studebaker Drivers Club's Turning Wheels magazine, notes that the Avanti R-1s and R-2s featured tapered rear axle shafts like those in most American Motors cars, although Studebaker's design requireed that the hub and drum be removed as one unit with a hub-puller; instead of AMC's more mechanic-friendly design, which allowed the hub to remain bolted in place while the brake drum was removed."

Page 26 of the latest Hemmings Motor News with the green '64 Avanti on the cover.

Comment

Working...
        X