Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bordeaux Daytona
    replied
    I was looking on youtube and noticed some new Hamilton videos, I think they might be Steve T's.

Five here...http://www.youtube.com/user/StudeSte...ery=studebaker

This one too.
    Last edited by Bordeaux Daytona; 02-19-2013, 02:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Steve T
    replied
    Bob/Stu--

Yep, I very deliberately didn't take shots of the GT being loaded on the rollback...but caught it in the background of the shot of Stu and Thelma driving away in their Daytona.

On the plus side, the GT must have got its best fuel mileage ever on the run between the delivery lot and Mars Avenue; she sure ran quiet!

:-)

I'm still in a state of delight over the turnout at this event...in the post-season no less. Good going, SDC...

S.

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve T View Post
    Here's a link to my Photobucket album and sub-album of the event; more images will be added. Thanks again Stu for a really wonderful gathering...
    Appears to be an excellent turnout! Not long ago, I had to attend the funeral of a former worker, and another former workmate said to me, "Its too bad it takes something like this to get everyone together."

Craig

Leave a comment:

• Stu Chapman
    replied
    Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
    Good pictures Steve!
    Is that Kevins Hawk I see being loaded on a rolloff?
    Yes it is. Despite everyone being told not drive through any ground brush because there were concrete posts hidden, he did anyway. Apparently he found some concrete resulting in oil pan and manifold damage with no oil left.
    Stu Chapman

Leave a comment:

• 2R5
    replied
    Good pictures Steve!
    Is that Kevins Hawk I see being loaded on a rolloff?

Leave a comment:

• Steve T
    replied
    Here's a link to my Photobucket album and sub-album of the event; more images will be added. Thanks again Stu for a really wonderful gathering...

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/l...ctober%202012/

S.

Leave a comment:

• Warren Webb
    replied
    I guess now the last standing Studebaker factory buildings are where Studebaker International-South Bend & the plant on U.S. Route 1 in New Brunswick, New Jersey. The New Jersey plant was built with the intention of assembling cars but the Korean War broke out & it became a jet engine plant. When the war ended production was down so much it became unnessisary & was sold to Volkswagen who owned it only 6 months & sold it.

Leave a comment:

• avantilover
    replied
    Double salary for Stu Chapman inmmediately, he's worked hard for the last 46 years and deserves every cent. And the top model 2012 Studebaker LOL.

Leave a comment:

• Stu Chapman
    replied
    Originally posted by avantilover View Post
    That was great and our 3 media stars Jack Holden Bob Barrick and Stu Chapman.
    Do you think our pay should be increased because we are now media stars John? Oh, I forgot, it's hard to increase zero. This effort was a labor of love as I'm sure you know. Studebaker has officially been in my blood for 49 years and unoffically for 16 years before that. As the world's original transportation company (1852) Studebaker, through SDC efforts, has really become the greatest orphan icon in the industry. May it keep on rolling!
    Stu Chapman

Leave a comment:

• avantilover
    replied
    That was great and our 3 media stars Jack Holden Bob Barrick and Stu Chapman.

Leave a comment:

• Warren Webb
    replied
    The report from CHCH was excellent but if one wants to put a comment on their site, copy it first because their code is so jumbled, you will loose your whole remarks if you make an error as I have.

Leave a comment:

• raprice
    replied
    That was a terrific report from CHCH 11 news. I loved the file film that showed Studebaker of Canada still being productive.
    Rog

Leave a comment:

• Stu Chapman
    replied
    I was finally able to get a link to the CHCH 11 news from sunday, hope this works ....enjoy !
    http://www.chch.com/index.php/home/i...makers-reunite
    Great job Bob. Check your email for a message.
    Stu Chapman

Leave a comment:

• 2R5
    replied
    I was finally able to get a link to the CHCH 11 news from sunday, hope this works ....enjoy !
    http://www.chch.com/index.php/home/i...makers-reunite

Leave a comment:

• Stu Chapman
    replied
    Here's avideo that the Hamilton paper has on their website. I had a little trouble loading it but if you try a couple times it comes on.
    http://www.thespec.com/videozone
    Thanks Bob for finding and downloading it. More great publicity for Studebaker!
    Stu Chapman

Leave a comment:

Working...
X