Needed: 51 2R5 p/u door hinges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needed: 51 2R5 p/u door hinges

I have the right lower hinge out...the pin was sheared (or perhaps rotted away). Did save the heavy portion which attaches to the door. I need a pin and the portion that secures to the cab post. The post portion of the hinge assembly has holes worn out, welded washers worn out...just not much to work with. Am inclined to believe I will find the same on the left lower hinge as well. Is there a source for these hinges. I have not found them in any of the catalogs...would be just as happy with good used ones. Any ideas or does someone have some they are interested is selling. I am in south central KY. I just want the truck running and functional...no danger of winning a trophy with this one. BTW...had no idea you could stack Bondo so thick until I started on this truck! And bet there isn't less than 150 yellow wire nuts on this truck.

Thanks for any information you may have.
    Ray Stewart SDC
    51 pick-up
    57 silver hawk
    62 lark

I'm pretty sure SI has new hinge pins. I'll look and see if I have a good used bracket. I just might.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Chevy truck pins are larger diameter. you might need that piece of info. Steve
      sigpic

Comment

I did get the left bottom hinge out and all I need for it is a pin. I will order the two pins from SI but only need the hinge housing for a right bottom. Hope someone has the hinge part I need. Plan on going to the swap in Nashville the 13th.
        Ray Stewart SDC
        51 pick-up
        57 silver hawk
        62 lark

Comment

Working...
        X