64 hawk trunk lid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 hawk trunk lid

I know when I frist posted that I had bought my 64 gt and planned to do a restore on it some guy's had said to post pictures as I worked on it so here is something that I did this week. If this is in the wrong spot hopefully someone can move it. THe trunk lid was rusted bad and had been kind of poorly repaired last time. Althought it did hold up for years being all bondo. What I did was cut off the inside lip and rebuild it along with the outter rusted panel. If any one is interested in how I did it just ask and I will go into more detail.
    Attached Files

To: swvalcon,----Looks like some nice metal work to Me!.....You saved a very rare item. (I always liked the 'smooth' look of the '64 GT Hawk deck lid.)

Comment

Now all thats left is to block one more time and paint. Will have about 20 hours into it when its painted and around $180 to $200 in it when done.
      Attached Files

Comment

Very good job....you have talent thats for sure.
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

TO: swvalcon,-----Looks great in final prime....An excellent example of 'real' bodywork!

Comment

excellent effort and results your project is off to a strong start.

Comment

I fit the lid to the car today in same spot on the hinges and found I was off about a 32th of a inch on my side to side gap. I can adjust that out and will have to be sure gaps are right on when I rebuild the lower inner 1/4 panels at the trunk bumper area. Then I epoxyed the inside and painted to match the car. I've been wanting to see what the color looks like when its not all faded out. Will maybe paint the outside of panel tomorrow or next week.
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice to see it coming along Steve, and I love your new vanity plates!
                sigpic
                In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

final pictures

Got the lid done and installed. Three coats of base and three coats of clear wet sanded and buffed. Had the wife look at it and we both like the color so now to go ahead with the restoration. If only the rest of the car looked this good.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X