October Turning Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October Turning Wheels

I just received my October Turning Wheels. I loved the story of Mrs. Ratcliffe's Lark (the cover car). I hope to be able to pass on my Studebakers (in the far far distant future) to someone that cares for them as Ross Miller has cared for Mrs. Ratcliffe's car.
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Hi Jon, Yes, neat story, Ross is a great guy, I met him years ago when he bought a 63 Daytona Convertible from the widow of one of my customers. I enjoyed your interview with Andy Studebaker, even though I am a sports widower,(my wife is the sports nut in the family) and, aside from the "good old days of NASCAR", could care less about professional sports.
    Jim
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

The October issue is one of the better issues in my opinion. Lots of good information to soak up.
      Jamie McLeod
      Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
      1958 Commander "Christine"
      1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
      1955 Commander Sedan
      1964 Champ
      1960 Lark

Comment

And the President's message makes me a little upset that such a go-getter was not supported better. Either Tom was better than others at enumerating what things have been acted on, or he did more in his tenure than any other SDC president since Mr. Barnes.
        "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

That story nearly brought tears to my eyes.

Comment

Yup! Still as galling (sp?) as it was when it happened.

Comment

I, too, very much enjoyed the story of Mrs. Ratcliffe's Lark, being the nostalgic fool I am! Great story.
              Bill Pressler
              Kent, OH
              (formerly Greenville, PA)
              Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
              Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
              1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
              1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
              All are in Australia now

Comment

RE: The October 2012 Turning Wheels: Please take note of the Birthday Card request on Page 12 and send a card to Tim Lloyd ASAP, for Mr. Johnson. You don't have to wait until closer to the time because Tim is just accumulating the cards anyway.

Mr. Johnson "gets" Turning Wheels, so he knows of this plan. I'd hate for him to receive just a handful of cards when we have the potential to send a hundred pounds of them, so please send a card to Tim Lloyd post haste.

(Yes, I've already sent mine.) Thanks. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

My Avanti in October Turning Wheels back inside cover
                  very happy about seeing my Avanti in the magizine.

Comment

first thing I saw as I opened it backwards. I thought "COOL, a car from Georgia!" Next thought was "That car looks familiar." Black is the way to go. even though ours is red.
                    Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny R2 View Post
                      My Avanti in October Turning Wheels back inside cover
                      very happy about seeing my Avanti in the magizine.
                      Lenny, you're sig pic has been my "wallpaper" on my "in the house" 'puter for a long time! that's one thing the P.O. did right on mine, a $7K black paint job right before i purchased her.

(my "mancave" 'puter wallpaper is "S-dude's" '51 bullet nose)...
                      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
                        (my "mancave" 'puter wallpaper is "S-dude's" '51 bullet nose)...
                        I never get tired of hearing such things. What a compliment......... Thanks
                        Jon Stalnaker
                        Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by Sdude View Post
                          I never get tired of hearing such things. What a compliment......... Thanks
                          i pick'em as i see 'em! i love the "mods" you've done to both of your Studes!!!

i've had a wild "mod" - the '63 Avanti with a full Corvette drive train ( purists: don't blame me - again - i didn't do it, the p.o. did - and pics are on Mr Johnstone's site), and a the '40 "original survivor". loved them both and soon hope that i can get one mod & one original (or close), again...
                          Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Scott, some may say i am an advocate of Tom and I am. The accomplishments he listed in his President's message are a fact and all can be verified as done and accomplished. What goes around comes around and a direct result will be a basically new set of By-Laws that will move this club into the 20th Century and out of the mid 60's of the 20th century.
                            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

I received my TWs this morning , probably one of the earliest ever , I give our Director Cliff Tattersall full credit for that one accomlishment.
                              I especially liked Tom's Presidents message as well ......very well done and he should have at least a good pat on the back ....well done Tom.
                              sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Working...
                              X