1951 auto, shift indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1951 auto, shift indicator

I've been looking for the shift indicator for a 51 with auto trans. It seem no one is reproducing them. So does anyone know anyone that has one for sale? I also I need a radio delete plate. Bob

I'm sure I've seen the sift quadrant indicator in the SI catalog; just can't put my hands on it at the moment.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Believe I have one NOS, if I can find it! Send me a pm.
      Richard Quinn
      Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

I have a used one that could get you by until a NOS one comes up.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
        10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
        56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
        60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

I have looked in the S.I. catalog and couldn't find one for a 51. Studebaker Wheel Is looking for a nos one. If he cann't find one I will PM RadioRoy. thanks, you guys are the greatest. Bob

Comment

I bought one for my 51 at the IM in South Bend. I can't remember which vendor though...... Maybe Brad Kuchan? If not Brad, it was the one who was right next to him if anyone remembers who that might have been.
            1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

The one I found. Not sure of application but have contacted Bob directly and sent the photo.
              Attached Files
              Richard Quinn
              Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
                The one I found. Not sure of application but have contacted Bob directly and sent the photo.
                That's the right one Mr. Q. (BTW, Rex will have the stainless pieces sometime this coming week. The flu got in my way and slowed me down a bit.)

Comment

Yes that's the one . I have not received your email yet, But yes that's it. I have had some problems receiving some emails. most come thru ok but others??? I check again later and then in the morning. If I don't receive you email then I will PM you. Bob Thanks again

Ps. mbstude that's a nice looking dash hope mine looks like that someday
                  Last edited by stehlik; 09-27-2012, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Well looks like my email doesn't like something. I've talked to my IPS and they say it's not them. I checked my setup and it's not me. So lets try another email adress. I PM IT to you. just read the story on people having their email hacked.
                    Last edited by stehlik; 09-28-2012, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X