Hawk prices.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk prices.

I went to the Hagerty website and it shows prices of Hawks from 1956 & 7 to have dropped since April. They were steady for a long while before. Anyone got an idea why?
    peter lee

Many people select hobby cars of the year that they graduated from high school. 1956-1957 yields 73-74 years of age. That population is mostly alive but cutting back on new purchases.
    I believe that Hagerty uses actual sales to determine their prices, so they just reflect the real world.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Good analysis, but I have a 55 and I'm not yet 60. I had a 55, 5 years after graduating highschool in 70, and it was by no means a new car. Those C/K's were adorable then and just as adorable now. You should see the 8 year olds that drag their parents to see my car (lol).
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Looking at the values between April and August of 2008, you see a decline across the board due to our "economic down turn" caused by the good people in Washington. The economy has not taken off since then so the values are staying flat until things pick up and people feel they have money they can spend on collector cars.
        sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
          Good analysis, but I have a 55 and I'm not yet 60. I had a 55, 5 years after graduating highschool in 70, and it was by no means a new car. Those C/K's were adorable then and just as adorable now. You should see the 8 year olds that drag their parents to see my car (lol).
          That is why I started my post with "Many people..". There are exceptions, of course. The overal market is driven by the general rule, not the exceptions. Also, admiring a car and buying a car are two different things.
          In the overall hobby car market, the two biggest model year drivers are year of birth and year of high school graduation. Of course, there are those of us that have owned a wide range of hobby cars. Your '55 is probably close to your YOB.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Sorry, Gary. My 55 is closer to the AMT 53 model that we built as kids. I bet most Avanti owners had their first glimpse from a model, too. Your speculation is fun. Your defense of that speculation is even more fun. Cheers.
            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

As Gary said, different people have different reasons for owning certain Studebakers.

In my case it is none of the above.

I tend to like cars that were new and admired when I was growing up, i.e. old enough to really notice and want one, that was about 12 years old and on.
              I never wanted a car as old as myself, 1940's.

I do have to admit that the Studebaker part of my Classic Car addiction was definately influenced by my Dad being a Studebaker salesman from 1955 to 1962, and always driving a New or near new Studebaker, often different every Day!

It is the same way with Music, I never cared for 1940's, or early 1950's music only 1960's when in High School, and discovered Girls! ...Car songs AND Love songs, yeah! Long live Rock-n-Roll!
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Acoording to the rules of the Forum, political discussions are not permitted. Besides that,many other cars have increased in value. Next time please try to stick to the subject.
                peter lee

Comment

Originally posted by plwindish View Post
                  Looking at the values between April and August of 2008, you see a decline across the board due to our "economic down turn" caused by the good people in Washington. The economy has not taken off since then so the values are staying flat until things pick up and people feel they have money they can spend on collector cars.
                  It was NY Wall Street and the financials competing for money. Not Washington. It was greed, plan and simple that cause the economic downturn.

Originally posted by plee4139 View Post
                  Acoording to the rules of the Forum, political discussions are not permitted. Besides that,many other cars have increased in value. Next time please try to stick to the subject.
                  A Moderator in Making? ... Stating Washington does not make this political. "Political" on this forum assumes a political position between a Democrat and Republican or vice versa.

Allen
                  1964 GT Hawk
                  PSMCDR 2014
                  Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
                  PSMCDR 2013
                  Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Working...
                  X