No announcement yet.

4 door Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John, I did'nt know T-bird had any 4 doors. they messed up when they went with rear seat though,at least I think so.
    Originally posted by jclary View Post
    Knowing what we (WE) know about our Studebaker frames...there would have to be some serious work underneath to make this Hawk a viable (or even safe) ride.

I am glad that Studebaker didn''t put something like this into production. Like the four-door Thunderbird...this could have turned the "HAWK" brand into a real "Turkey!"

Real or not, the picture looks much better than the image conjured up in my mind before clicking on the thread.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
      John, I did'nt know T-bird had any 4 doors. they messed up when they went with rear seat though,at least I think so.
      63t- cab I think all the 4 door t birds were 68-70 and all had suicide doors very cool look on the big birds.

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
        John, I didn't know T-bird had any 4 doors. they messed up when they went with rear seat though,at least I think so.
        If I miss-spoke, it won't be the last time. I was under the impression they built a four-door bird sometime before they nearly ruined the name with those awful Granada-birds and Fairmont-birds as I heard them referred to back about thirty or so years ago.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Yep, 4 door T-Birds were a thing.

Comment

The 1961 Continental started off as a design for a Tbird

Comment

could you put a hawk front end on to a president , 4 door hawk, station wagon hawk,,,,, just a thought

Comment

There were some very nice photoshopped examples of "what if" 1955 C/K bodies done as four door sedans. Very impressive! They were posted not too long ago if I recall correctly. What I would like to see are photoshopped examples of what the Starliner would have looked like with the sedan platform.

Comment

Working...
                X